• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Help with Friedrich PLL

cjknight06

Hi, I'm trying to learn the Friedrich 2 look LL. The OLL algs seem pretty straight forward, but I'm having trouble understanding how to use the PLL algs. As I experiment from a scrambled state, after solving f2l and Orienting the LL, I sometimes end up with a configuration not covered by the 21 PLL algs that I have. Do I need to do some algs twice, or do 2 different algs in this case? If so, how do I know which one/ones to use and how many times to repeat them? Any help would be appreciated.

gn17

In such a case, you would have to AUF (Adjust U-Face) until you get a pattern you recognize. It is one of your 21 PLLs, but you may have to perform U or U' on it once or twice to get to a case you recognize.

cjknight06

Haha, I figured it would be something that simple. I was doing AUF, but i was looking at it wrong and thus doing it wrong. I had been trying to figure this out for a few days, and i figured that it was something that simple. I guess i should have asked you guys sooner. Thanks for the help!

sgowal

As a side question to that, do you guys think it is better to adjust the U face before PLL or after?

I think it's better to adjust it after altough I recognize better the PLL case if I orient U first.

annon

I usually do it after, because a few of my permutations end with a U face rotation and sometimes that AUF becomes redundant.

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@spdcbr: You do realize that this thread is more than 2 years old, correct? Anyway, like I've told you brfre, I'd highly recommend learning PLL from Dan Harris at cubestation.co.uk