• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, it does affect the corners. You always have both even or both odd numbers of corners and edges. Say there are 8 edges and 10 corners. If you do 8 times T perm, the corners are still solved. If you have 9 edges and 11 corners, then you do parity alg.

And yes, setup moves do affect the edges. That's why you undo setup moves.
Ok, I knew that you undid the setup moves, and thanks for letting me know about both being even or odd and parity.

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
I'm trying to figure out how to adapt X and + centers from 5x5 to 7bld centers that aren't X and +. I've been searching for turorials on 7bld or just 7bld information in general and I haven't found anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm trying to figure out how to adapt X and + centers from 5x5 to 7bld centers that aren't X and +. I've been searching for tutorials on 7bld or just 7bld information in general and I haven't found anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This tutorial did a decent job explaining bigBLD back in the day. I still feel it is relevant today for getting to know about 7BLD centers. Hope it helps!

I've been struggling with learning M2 for edges in 3BLD, and I was wondering if it is the best method to allow me to get faster, and if I should just keep trying. I'm much slower with it, and I haven't had a successful solve yet. I'm mostly struggling with setup moves. Should I try another method, or does anyone have some tips?

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been struggling with learning M2 for edges in 3BLD, and I was wondering if it is the best method to allow me to get faster, and if I should just keep trying. I'm much slower with it, and I haven't had a successful solve yet. I'm mostly struggling with setup moves. Should I try another method, or does anyone have some tips?
Have you already gotten successful blindfolded solves with Old Pochmann? If yes, keep trying with M2 as it's the best next step. If no, I would recommend starting out with Old Pochmann, although M2 isn't really that much harder.

Have you already gotten successful blindfolded solves with Old Pochmann? If yes, keep trying with M2 as it's the best next step. If no, I would recommend starting out with Old Pochmann, although M2 isn't really that much harder.
Yes, I have quite a few successes with Old Pochmann, and I average about 3 minutes with it.

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just decided to ask this on my previous thread, but how fast with M2/OP allow me to get? What methods come next?
You could theoretically get sub-30 and maybe a bit faster with M2/OP but you should probably look into either Orozco or 3-style when you're around a minute.

Samuel Baird

WCA
2016BAIR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I peaked averaging about 30 second execution with M2/OP, the algs and setups are are pretty tps friendly so it’s not too hard to get some decent solve items.

adding to what cuberstache said, I would recommend sticking with M2/OP until you are a bit faster and really want to commit to 3bld. At that point learn 3style. The time that someone is averaging may be different from person to person.

if you reach a point where you feel like M2/OP is limiting you but you don’t feel like learning 3style then I would recommend learning eka edges and corners

I've been having trouble remembering corners after edge execution, unless I review them multiple times which makes memo slower. But, I also come up with words on the spot, so would creating words for each pair and then memorizing them help with recall?

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been having trouble remembering corners after edge execution, unless I review them multiple times which makes memo slower. But, I also come up with words on the spot, so would creating words for each pair and then memorizing them help with recall?
Do not come up with words on the spot. Have a predefined list in a google sheet where you have figured out all the letter pairs.
Reviewing corners once is good enough, if you have trouble recalling it during exec, make sure that your corner image has some kind of a trigger that you can initiate if there is a chance of going blank.

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been learning Orozco, and I've gotten quite comfortable with solving edges (At least sighted, still need to finish learning corners before I do BLD attempts). In sighted solving I notice that I can quite often cancel moves into the next comm, and I try to do it whenever I can as it does save moves. My question is, should this be a top priority in improving edges, or are there other things that are more important to focus on?

Also, some of my finger tricks are not the fastest, I sometimes have multiple regrips and such. Is this something that I should work on cutting out right now, or is this something that I should try to gradually improve over time?

My splits are 2.5minutes memorizing and 1.5 minutes of execution. So far I've only done 100 solves.
Definitely work on memo first, I use audio for edges and images for corners, are you familiar with this memo technique? Something that helped me was trying to rush my memo, and just doing it over and over again until successes become more frequent. I am definitely not an expert in BLD solving but this is just my experience.