• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Apparently in terms of speed they are similar. However, M2 setups (except like Q) are much easier to learn compared to Turbo (basically stepper learning curve). Maybe it is harder to think ahead as in Turbo you might need to track setup moves? Could someone more experienced in Turbo/M2 comment?

8aum

Hi, I am using this source to get scrambles for my 3BLD to solve using OP method as explained by JPerm in his new method. But the letter pairs as the one provided by the source are different from what I am coming up with. For example I got the edge letter pairs as XW UH LC QP NV D for the attached scramble which is different from what provided in solution.Can some one please verify? I guess its using a different method than mine. Is there any other source that I can follow to get edge pairs like my method (I am using T Perm). Moreover I face problem in deciding if all the edges have been covered. Any tip for that ?

Attachments

• solve1.JPG
    solve1.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 3

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am currently solving 3x3 in under 30 seconds using Petrus, and would like to learn BLD. So I opted for Old Pochmann, but I was slightly confused (being a newbie) as to how you are supposed to memorise the changing corners. Take the T Perm for example. I can understand you set up to change the buffer with another pieces, but this also swaps corners and destroys memorization. How does it work???
Plus, what memorization method would you recommend?

C

Cubinwitdapizza

I am currently solving 3x3 in under 30 seconds using Petrus, and would like to learn BLD. So I opted for Old Pochmann, but I was slightly confused (being a newbie) as to how you are supposed to memorise the changing corners. Take the T Perm for example. I can understand you set up to change the buffer with another pieces, but this also swaps corners and destroys memorization. How does it work???
Plus, what memorization method would you recommend?
For your last question I’m wondering that as well. For the first one parity. If you memorize an odd number of corners so let’s say I have these letter pairs, AB TF JI U . This means that you have parity. Parity is a R Perm. You will do that after you execute edges.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
For your last question I’m wondering that as well. For the first one parity. If you memorize an odd number of corners so let’s say I have these letter pairs, AB TF JI U . This means that you have parity. Parity is a R Perm. You will do that after you execute edges.
I thought of get what you mean, but not really. Bear in mind I am a complete newbie.So what do you mean by memorizing an odd number of corners? And also what are AB TF JI U?

CROSS OUT CROSS OUT, I know what you mean. I've been looking at ruwix's page on BLD.

Last edited:

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
In short, each sticker of edges and each sticker of corners are assigned a letter, these are used when memorising the cube. You setup pieces into a certain spot on the cube, do the swapping alg(t or J perm for edges, modified Y perm for corners) and then undo the setups. Doing this you will solve one piece at a time, swapping pieces until all pieces are in their correct spots, and the cube is solved.
Memorizing: preferably memorize in letter pairs. Meaning that when you memorize, you group two letters together and for a word/ object out of it. So using Cubinwitdapizza's example: AB TF JI U - I would have Alec Benjamin eating a ToFfee on a JIgsaw puzzle
. So when you have an uneven amount of letters for corners and edges, like in this example U , it is called parity and an algorithm will be done to fix the edges and corners that have been offset by the Y, and T perms.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

In short, each sticker of edges and each sticker of corners are assigned a letter, these are used when memorising the cube. You setup pieces into a certain spot on the cube, do the swapping alg(t or J perm for edges, modified Y perm for corners) and then undo the setups. Doing this you will solve one piece at a time, swapping pieces until all pieces are in their correct spots, and the cube is solved.
Memorizing: preferably memorize in letter pairs. Meaning that when you memorize, you group two letters together and for a word/ object out of it. So using Cubinwitdapizza's example: AB TF JI U - I would have Alec Benjamin eating a ToFfee on a JIgsaw puzzle
. So when you have an uneven amount of letters for corners and edges, like in this example U , it is called parity and an algorithm will be done to fix the edges and corners that have been offset by the Y, and T perms.
Just want to say this technically that alg is not even modified it’s its own alg because the y perm is just that alg but with F as the setup move.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Also what image could I use for hp? Also if you have a chart on this kinda stuff plz send.

M O

WCA
2017KLOS01
how many algs is 3-style corners really?
from my buffer (UFR) I can shoot to 21 targets (7corners with 3 stickers) and then to 18 (6x3), I do not want to count inverses separately so I can divide by 2 and would receive 21x18:2 which equals 189 comms. (+parity algs and twists)
Did i make a mistake or how to people get to 400+ algs? (189x2 = 378 and even if i add 16 algs for twists i am only at 394)

theos

WCA
2017LAWR04
Is memorising in letter pairs necessary? I am currently just creating sentences like this : Quirell Talked to A Big Rat Face, instead of combining Q with T or A with B
There are advantages to using letter pairs. The main one is you have fewer words to remember - e.g. QT AB RF might be "QuieT ABacus RaFting", a 3-word phrase compared to 6 words. This means It's both quicker to commit to memory and easier to recall. Another advantage comes when you're using more advanced methods like M2 (1st and 2nd in pair are treated differently for M-slice targets) and 3-style (targets are solved together as pairs).

The main disadvantage is that it can sometimes be difficult to come up with words on the spot that include both letters (and that you can reliably identify which letters you meant). This can be overcome by learning words for difficult pairs.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, last question, is it necessary to memo edges, memo corners, do corners, fix parity, do edges? Because I'm having trouble with setting up to do the modified Y Perm if I don't have edges to show how to link up and etc.

zman

Also, last question, is it necessary to memo edges, memo corners, do corners, fix parity, do edges? Because I'm having trouble with setting up to do the modified Y Perm if I don't have edges to show how to link up and etc.
You should memo corners, memo edges, do edges, fix parity, do corners

zman

I believe you can memorise as you wish, since only execution order matters. So it is up to you I guess. Tho I agree with zman.
its recommended to memorise corners first, then edges and execute in the reverse order because you can use audio for the longer memo (edges), which is faster but easier to forget than images but it doesnt matter since you execute the edges immediately after you memo them. in mbld you should memo edge first then corner since you will be using images for both