• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Hey! im a BLD noob here just trying to get into the world of blindfolded solving. I have a doubt.
while using old pochmann method, what do I do when the piece in the buffer position is already in the right spot but the cube isnt fully solved yet?

please help a fellow cuber out here! thanks.

Thom S.

You break into a new Cycle
You imagine a circle with all the pieces in that Cycle in it. You go into that cycle and you leave that cycle.
Now, as an example, do R U R' D R U' R' D'. Your Buffer is solved, but there are still pieces left to solve. These three unsolved pieces make up your circle so you break into it by shooting to one of these pieces(it doesn't matter which one, you will develop preferences later). Now you can solve pieces again but remember that you need to shoot to that piece you started the cycle with again in order to leave the cycle

You break into a new Cycle
You imagine a circle with all the pieces in that Cycle in it. You go into that cycle and you leave that cycle.
Now, as an example, do R U R' D R U' R' D'. Your Buffer is solved, but there are still pieces left to solve. These three unsolved pieces make up your circle so you break into it by shooting to one of these pieces(it doesn't matter which one, you will develop preferences later). Now you can solve pieces again but remember that you need to shoot to that piece you started the cycle with again in order to leave the cycle

so while starting the new cycle, i should take a take a new buffer, or go ahead with the same one.

Thom S.

so while starting the new cycle, i should take a take a new buffer, or go ahead with the same one.

You stick to your Buffer and shoot to the new piece.

Technically there is a very advanced Method called Floating Buffers where you use a different buffer but that's not the discussion for now

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Seeing as I am trying to get back into 4x4 BLD+ I was wondering if there is a efficient way to solve the wings on a 4x4 without having to do the r2 double flick (like when doing M move on 3x3)? I was thinking that I could do Rw2 R2, but that does not seem to great/efficient, hence why I am wondering if there is a better way, or is that the best way. Additionally, this question can also apply to M2 on 3x3, so any help/advice would be much appreciated, since at the moment I can really only do OP/OP. Thanks in advance.

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Seeing as I am trying to get back into 4x4 BLD+ I was wondering if there is a efficient way to solve the wings on a 4x4 without having to do the r2 double flick (like when doing M move on 3x3)? I was thinking that I could do Rw2 R2, but that does not seem to great/efficient, hence why I am wondering if there is a better way, or is that the best way. Additionally, this question can also apply to M2 on 3x3, so any help/advice would be much appreciated, since at the moment I can really only do OP/OP. Thanks in advance.

schapel

WCA
2016CHAP04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ishaan/gianfranco style, like M2 on 3bld

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
is U2/r2/OP any good for 4bld, or would you recommend different methods to begin?
(i use OP/M2 for 3bld, average 2:30)
U2/r2/OP is a good choice to begin with. You can work on memo and fluid execution and still get quite fast. Ultimately, 3style will give you more efficient execution, so as soon as you feel ready, it's a good idea to start working some comms into your solves. Centre comms are an easy place to start, and make sure you are using advanced r2 techniques, as those will also give you some easy comms.