• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hazel

Premium Member
Solving them swapped is a great way to do it, but you have to memo corners first to know if you have parity, and it can be difficult to implement. But it is definitely worth it. Give it a shot!

I do it this way for 3BLD, 4BLD and 5BLD It's really easy to get used to. You should definitely give it a try.

My first try with this parity-avoiding method was a success aside from two flipped edges but those didn't have anything to do with the new technique.

meekrose

So I have been learning blindfold solving from the past few days. I have already learned how to solved the corners blindfolded. However, I am stuck on edges. I tried M2 but I find the setup moves and all the special cases a bit difficult. Is it okay if I use Old Pochmann for edges? Or should I stick to learning M2?

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I have been learning blindfold solving from the past few days. I have already learned how to solved the corners blindfolded. However, I am stuck on edges. I tried M2 but I find the setup moves and all the special cases a bit difficult. Is it okay if I use Old Pochmann for edges? Or should I stick to learning M2?
Stick to learning M2. You'll get there with a little perseverance, and it's worth it.

TheGrayCuber

WCA
2012GRAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel

If you are really having trouble with M2, OP is not a terrible way to go. Since you already know OP for corners, edges wouldn’t be too hard. After getting a few successes with OP you’d understand BLD better and be more motivated to learn M2.

Duncan Bannon

Can I use Y perm for corners and OP?

What is the best way to solve, corners then edges or edges then corners, and what about memorizing it? Thanks.

TheGrayCuber

WCA
2012GRAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can I use Y perm for corners and OP?

What is the best way to solve, corners then edges or edges then corners, and what about memorizing it? Thanks.

Y-Perms are generally the alg used for corners in OP.
There is no real consensus as to whether you should solve edges or corners first when you’re first starting out. Just do what is more comfortable or what makes sense. I would recommend to memorize in the opposite order of what you solve. So if you solve corners first, memorize them second, or vice verse.

GC1998

The original way to learn M2 seems to be with all the 'B' move setups, but I first learnt it with the better wide move setups. I'm learning r2 on 4BLD and wondering if similar "nicer" algorithms exist?

Paulcuber3

WCA
2016TAYL02
Could someone explain to me how you write down the number of targets you had to solve in a 3bld solve for example? I see people saying stuff like 10'/7 or something like that, but what does the ' mean? Is that if you have parity? How do you say if you have a twisted corner or a flipped edge?

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
All of those methods are 3-cycles.
BH is move-optimal 3-cycles.
3OP orients everything first and then uses a reduced subset of 3-cycles.
The best is to just use speed-optimal 3-cycles.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Always check the dates on what you read. If you're reading about 3OP or BH as good choices for BLD it was probably written 8+ years ago. These days, they are rarely if ever recommended and speed-optimised 3-style is undoubtedly the way to go.

WCA
2017OSTD02
Could someone explain to me how you write down the number of targets you had to solve in a 3bld solve for example? I see people saying stuff like 10'/7 or something like that, but what does the ' mean? Is that if you have parity? How do you say if you have a twisted corner or a flipped edge?
The ' means you have a flipped edge or twisted corner