• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Blindfolded discussion and help

What I was talking about is if sides are even and corners are odd(and vice versa), that means I made a mistake... they have to both be even or odd.

I just don't get why sometimes no matter how many times I recheck it, it comes out un even, because I know that and even number on both means no parity and odd means parity.
Ah ok, pay attention to the cycle breaks. When this happen to me, almost always cause it's cycle breaks.

jdh3000

Ah ok, pay attention to the cycle breaks. When this happen to me, almost always cause it's cycle breaks.
Between the time I had responded I went back and looked at a scramble that had me scratching my head, so I set it aside, and sure enough there was on edge on a cycle break that was throwing me off.

Thanks!

Last edited:
WCA
2019HENK01

sCs

I have been wanting to learn 3x3 blindfolded for a long time now, I have tried many times but I just can't seem to understand it if anyone can help me out that would be much appreciated.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I suggest learning Old Pochmann method. It's two algorithms plus a possible third - and you already know the algs. So that just leaves learning the memorization. I won't try to explain it in a post but you're basically memorizing a series of piece swaps that will result in a solved cube. You do that by memorizing the letters of the places that need to be swapped.

I found Speedcubereview's tutorial to be the best of the ones I tried.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
I suggest learning Old Pochmann method. It's two algorithms plus a possible third - and you already know the algs. So that just leaves learning the memorization. I won't try to explain it in a post but you're basically memorizing a series of piece swaps that will result in a solved cube. You do that by memorizing the letters of the places that need to be swapped.

I found Speedcubereview's tutorial to be the best of the ones I tried.

This is a good tutorial. I used J Perm's v2 BLD tutorial, so you may want to try that as well:

J Perm has a v3, which is newer, but I personally found the v2 most helpful