• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Blindfolded discussion and help

dudefaceguy

This is some good advice. I need to go a bit slower on exec, if only to learn to cancel out moves in my solves (D2 from comm and D from setup into D') and be more fluid.
Check out the book Effortless Mastery by Kenny Warner. It's all about how to practice and perform - the context is music, but it also applied to any other performance and practice, such as cubing. It seems like many cubers "practice" by just doing a lot of solves, which is not the most effective method.

I took a class with Kenny Warner, but never actually read the book - maybe I should go back and do that. The main insight I'm thinking of is the difference between practice and performance.

Last edited:

edudegomes

Hello guys, I'm a beginner speedcuber and I want to know the best 3x3 blindfolded method for a begginer. Thanks!

dudefaceguy

You can also try learn 3 style intuitively as your first method. It just takes some more effort but 3 style is the best blind method. Also, I'm sure it was not necessary to create a new thread for just this question, you should have asked in the Blindfolded Help Thread or One Answer BLD Questions
I learned intuitive 3 style as my first blind method, since I'm an intuitive cuber and I use a lot of commutators generally. I also don't know any CFOP algs so OP would have entailed learning more new concepts than learning 3 style. Here's my guide:

But it depends on your goals. I suggest starting with the method that you eventually want to use. If you are sure that you eventually want to learn 3 style, just start with 3 style. You only need to learn 8 commutators to start with, and you can solve everything using conjugates and mirrors.

If you want to learn 3BLD as fast as possible using CFOP algs, and you don't intend it to be your main event, then just use OP. You can easily get sub-1-minute using OP for corners and M2 for edges, so there is no reason to learn 3 style unless you either 1) want to be world class or 2) think commutators are really fun. I love commutators, so I started with 3 style. I personally recommend it, since it's incredibly fun.

Whichever execution method you choose, you will have to invest a lot of work in memorization to get fast. You can use the same memo methods for all 3BLD execution methods.

edudegomes

I'm a beginner speedcuber and I want to know the best blindfolded method for beginners. Thanks!

Check out the book Effortless Mastery by Kenny Warner. It's all about how to practice and perform - the context is music, but it also applied to any other performance and practice, such as cubing. It seems like many cubers "practice" by just doing a lot of solves, which is not the most effective method.

I took a class with Kenny Warner, but never actually read the book - maybe I should go back and do that. The main insight I'm thinking of is the difference between practice and performance.
The book sounds interesting. Reminds me of Talent is Overrated by Geoff Colvin. Ever read it?

@NevEr_QeyX i think @PetrusQuber is giving good advice. I think you should just slow down. You clearly CANT perform memo and execution as fast as you say you can since you have so many DNFs. Focus on the quality of the solves with time as no object.

Last edited:

dudefaceguy

The book sounds interesting. Reminds me of Talent is Overrated by Geoff Colvin. Ever read it?

@NevEr_QeyX i think @PetrusQuber is giving good advice. I think you should just slow down. You clearly CANT perform memo and execution as fast as you say you can since you have so many DNFs. Focus on the quality of the solves with time as no object.
I haven’t read that one, but the basic point made in many other books as well. I recently read “Mookwalking with Einstein” which is about memory sports. It briefly discusses practice techniques and the importance of analysis and focus.