• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Blindfolded discussion and help

WCA
2016CHAP04
YouTube
Stanley Chapel
I wouldn't recommend this sort of PAO system, standard letter pairs will give you more variety and will help you in the long run
Journey also isn't too necessary, you can experiment with it but it's unlikely to be helpful
Best thing you can do is just practice as much as you can, and see DNFs as learning moments rather than failures

Also, any system where you have to retrace edges is complicated and unnecessary, just do pure audio the whole way through if you can

I am learning right now as well. I'm focusing on learning corners only right but and slowly working on edges. I find it it fairly easy to remember 8-10 letters in pairs. It took me two days to get my first couple of success doing only corners.I use the blind method on speedcubereview.com, it works well for me. Especially since he uses yellow on top and red in front, which is how I solve my cube with Roux. So it's a natural orientation for me. Edges are a few more letters but that isn't a big challenge either.

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
thetx789
World Class 3BLD people don't have a 75% success rate, above 33.3% is an aim in the long term. Just do a lot of solves at this stage you can get down to 2 min with OP/OP.

Make sure you have a word for all letter pairs. Also switch to using audio for edges or corners if you don't already. So make sounds out of the letter pairs instead of making a image and say it in your head at first you'll need to repeat it a lot but with pratise this will get easier. Most people do audio edges. Memo the piece type you use with audio last and execute it first. So if you choose audio edges memo corners visually then memo edges with audio, solve the edges, solve the corners. Then just do a lot of solves. Do 100 over a few weeks and see where you're at.

The journey method is unessacry for 3BLD that is used for MBLD and bigBLD.

Hey guys, WhiteKB here. In the past I've tried getting into BLD, but it hasn't worked out because it took too long and I almost never got a solved cube at the end. Any tips for getting into it? Currently, It takes 11-14 minutes for an attempt and I have a <10% success rate. Also currently I am using OP on edges and corners. I would preferably like something that will take me 1-2 weeks to do that will get me a 75% or greater success rate and will allow me to do it in 9-11 minutes (or less) by the end of the time frame. Again, if you have any tips, please let me know. Thanks!
Just keep on practising (even though I'm a noob). That is all you need. Don't worry about timing for now, just take your time to think about setup moves and etc, or you'll probably make a mistake. Tapping all the pieces during inspection helps me think about which colour will be on top, you could try that. Also, what memorisation technique so you use? Letter pairs is easy enough. If you do do that, make sure you know your cube - SPEFFZ

Want to hide this ad and support the community?