• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Needed] Clock Lucky Case Names

U

Underwatercuber

When I recorded a video about clock today I realized that there isn't really a naming scheme for lucky cases and they are all just called "a lucky case". I have come up with the list for all the cases but I want some feedback on the names. Also make sure to tell me if I forgot any cases :)
Case #1 Edge-Edge
When two adjacent edges have the same orientation
Case #2 Double Edge-Edge
When 2 adjacent edges have the same orientation and the remaining two edges of the face are oriented the same
Case #3 Center-Edge
When the center and edge are oriented the same
Case #4 Center-Double Edge
When the center and two adjacent edges are oriented the same
Case #5 Center-Triple Edge
When the center and three edges are oriented the same
Case #6 Line
When the center and two opposite edges are oriented the same
Case #7 IDK what to name it
When two adjacent edges are oriented the same and a center and an edge are oriented the same
Case #8 IDK what to name it
When two adjacent edges are oriented the same and a center and two edges are oriented the same

I'm pretty sure I've used center-edge, edge-edge and line before, though for 4 and 5 I would say center-edge-edge and center-edge-edge-edge (interchangeable though). For 7 and 8, "edge-edge and center-edge", and "edge-edge and center-edge-edge" (at least that's what I would call them)