• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello!

Gatornade

Hello,

I'm from Colorado, US and work in automotive. I am still fairly new to cubing. Started a few months back initially with a Rubik's brand using their tutorial on their website. Upgraded to a Warrior W 3x3 from the bundle that includes the Qidi S 2x2. Finally I gave up on the Rubik's tutorial and learned beginner method from JPerm's video and was able to actually retain it. Still trying to learn algorithms - F2L, OLL, PLL but haven't had much luck as of yet.

I have a whole handful of budget 3x3s now and a couple GAN 356 XS. My 3x3 average is in the 1:22 range. I have had a few sub one minute solves and each one came with my YJ YuLong V2 M stickerless - PB 54.695.

I enjoy 4x4 too and currently only have one 4x4, Cubing Classroom MF4C stickered. I use the Yau Method. Not very fast. Been in the 7-8 minute range last time I timed a solve. Still need to reference notes if I get OLL parity. A lot of times when solving 4x4 I also reference notes for 2-look OLL/PLL during 3x3 stage.

Looking to add 5x5 to the mix soon!

Kind of skipped over 2x2, but I use beginner method as well and average about 1 minutes I think. I'm pretty all over the map on 2x2. As low as 30 seconds up to a minute and a half sometimes! I have Qidi S stickerless and GuoGuan XingHen stickered and I seem to be faster with the XingHen.

I found this forum because I was looking for a cube buy, sell, trade group on facebook without much luck and a google search brought me here! Plan to poke around some more and check everything out!

H perm

Hello!

I'm also a beginner with 3x3, and 4x4 too.

I highly recommend trying 5x5 within the next few months. It's like 4x4, only without annoying parities that ruin your solve, and more opportunities for tricks to complete the centers and edges. When you start looking for a 5x5, I highly reccomend the YuXin cloud 5x5 as a great budget cube for ten dollars. It turns amazing right out of the box, and corner cuts well for its size (1/2 a piece).

Have fun cubing :)

Gatornade

Hi thanks for the welcomes guys!

When you start looking for a 5x5, I highly reccomend the YuXin cloud 5x5 as a great budget cube for ten dollars

I was initially looking at the YuXin Cloud, but then started eyeing the YuXin Little Magic M 5x5.

H perm

I was initially looking at the YuXin Cloud, but then started eyeing the YuXin Little Magic M 5x5.

My only 5x5 is the YuXin Cloud, but from my experience, any YuXin cube is going to be great out of the box. Is the YuXin little Magic M stickerless?

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Hello,

I'm from Colorado, US and work in automotive. I am still fairly new to cubing. Started a few months back initially with a Rubik's brand using their tutorial on their website. Upgraded to a Warrior W 3x3 from the bundle that includes the Qidi S 2x2. Finally I gave up on the Rubik's tutorial and learned beginner method from JPerm's video and was able to actually retain it. Still trying to learn algorithms - F2L, OLL, PLL but haven't had much luck as of yet.

I have a whole handful of budget 3x3s now and a couple GAN 356 XS. My 3x3 average is in the 1:22 range. I have had a few sub one minute solves and each one came with my YJ YuLong V2 M stickerless - PB 54.695.

I enjoy 4x4 too and currently only have one 4x4, Cubing Classroom MF4C stickered. I use the Yau Method. Not very fast. Been in the 7-8 minute range last time I timed a solve. Still need to reference notes if I get OLL parity. A lot of times when solving 4x4 I also reference notes for 2-look OLL/PLL during 3x3 stage.

Looking to add 5x5 to the mix soon!

Kind of skipped over 2x2, but I use beginner method as well and average about 1 minutes I think. I'm pretty all over the map on 2x2. As low as 30 seconds up to a minute and a half sometimes! I have Qidi S stickerless and GuoGuan XingHen stickered and I seem to be faster with the XingHen.

I found this forum because I was looking for a cube buy, sell, trade group on facebook without much luck and a google search brought me here! Plan to poke around some more and check everything out!
Welcome to the forums @Gatornade. I am in Colorado currently as well. Where roughly in Colorado are you?

Have you ever been to a competition? If not you should go to one. There are a few slots left for the Olde Town Parker competition, and there is another one I am helping organize for March (on the 28th), and if things work out there might be one March 7, one in mid April, and sometime in May.

You should check out this thread: https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/cubing-in-colorado.56643/

Gatornade

My only 5x5 is the YuXin Cloud, but from my experience, any YuXin cube is going to be great out of the box. Is the YuXin little Magic M stickerless?

Yes and to my knowledge it only comes stickerless.

I'm not sure how I feel about stickered vs stickerless yet, but I think 5x5 and up I am going to target stickerless cubes so I don't have to ever re-sticker!

Gatornade

Have you ever been to a competition? If not you should go to one. There are a few slots left for the Olde Town Parker competition, and there is another one I am helping organize for March (on the 28th), and if things work out there might be one March 7, one in mid April, and sometime in May.

No I have not yet tried any competitions as of yet. I'm a little timid as my times are [much] slower and somewhat socially awkward (shy)! Plus I'm older (in my 30s) and feel like I would be too old. For example here local we have a chess night at the library for "all ages - kids and adults" and I went; I was the only adult playing chess which made me feel kind of weird and the kids smoked every game! Kind of embarrassing! Kind of had the same problem when I tried to get into Pokemon TCG... at least with that there were a couple people close to my age!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
No I have not yet tried any competitions as of yet. I'm a little timid as my times are [much] slower and somewhat socially awkward (shy)! Plus I'm older (in my 30s) and feel like I would be too old. For example here local we have a chess night at the library for "all ages - kids and adults" and I went; I was the only adult playing chess which made me feel kind of weird and the kids smoked every game! Kind of embarrassing! Kind of had the same problem when I tried to get into Pokemon TCG... at least with that there were a couple people close to my age!
Have a look at this thread :)

Gatornade

There are a few slots left for the Olde Town Parker competition,

After thinking about it I started looking into more information on the competition. Unfortunately this one falls on my wife's birthday. I started following the Colorado thread to be in the know for future events.

Welcome ! If you didn't know, F2L is an intuitive step. You don't have to learn any algorithms, Z3Cubing's beginner F2L tutorial is great.