• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello

Beastly

Hi my name is Parker and I’m pretty new to this and I don’t have much to say expect I like video games, I want to do cubing to spend well you know less time on video games and do something with my life. I also do not have a cube (yet) I came here to talk about cubing (even though I don’t have a cube) oh I also do baseball so that’s fun. Hope we can all be friends and yes I did steal this blue neon cube from google

Last edited:

Beastly

Hi! What cube do you plan on getting and what got you into cubing?
Since some of the cubes I’ve seen are good for speed cubing I plan on practice so I’ll get just a rubiks brand 3x3 since ya know I’m new

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! I recommend not getting the Rubik’s Brand. It’s cornercutting is trash and after it breaks in, becomes sluggish. Anyway you’ll need a speed cube later on, so why waste money on this when you can get one right away? You can get budget cube for half the price, and double the quality. Brands to trust: Moyu, YJ, Yuxin, QiYi, Gan, MF, etc. Do some research depending on your budget.

Beastly

Welcome! I recommend not getting the Rubik’s Brand. It’s cornercutting is trash and after it breaks in, becomes sluggish. Anyway you’ll need a speed cube later on, so why waste money on this when you can get one right away? You can get budget cube for half the price, and double the quality. Brands to trust: Moyu, YJ, Yuxin, QiYi, Gan, MF, etc. Do some research depending on your budget.
Which website would you recommend, i know one but I wanna hear your recommendations because your experienced and well I’m not.

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Whereabouts roughly do you live? Cubicle and SpeedCubeShop are good for US, KewbzUK for UK, etc. I actually ordered off Amazon since my parents don’t trust cubing shops, and it works fine, as long as you’re more careful.

Beastly

Whereabouts roughly do you live? Cubicle and SpeedCubeShop are good for US, KewbzUK for UK, etc. I actually ordered off Amazon since my parents don’t trust cubing shops, and it works fine, as long as you’re more careful.
I live in the USA up north speedcubeshop I actually wanted to use but couldn’t keep up with because I wasn’t in the cubing mood until a couple months ago, but can’t I lube the Rubik’s cube brand? Or does live not work on rubiks brand.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks, but what cube out of those brands would be the best in your opinion.
You can find out here and here. The second one is more useful. I personally use Moyu all the way with their Weilong line, but it varies from cuber to cuber. Valk (part of Qiyi) is a competitor for similar price ranges, and Gan, which costs more but is apparently worth it. Again, if low price is what you’re looking for, YJ, Yuxin and MF are good. I can’t decide for you. Just know that all of those cubes will be better than a Rubik’s Brand.
Oh yes, and don’t forget the Valk 3 Elite and MGC Elite is coming out soon. Plus, you might like the Dayan Tengyun.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Thanks, but what cube out of those brands would be the best in your opinion.
What PetrusQuber said was good, but I know that sometimes you don’t want to spend that much money. In that case I might get the Yuxin Kylin V2 M or the MF3RS3M, or even the YJ Yulong V2 M. The Yuxin cube is kinda slow, has decent corner cutting, and is controllable. I would personally go for that one. The MF3RS3M is much faster and is said to be pretty good but slightly more expensive. The YJ cube I think is pretty good and fast but suffers a bit on corner cutting and can be a bit uncontrollable.

Hope this helped!

Beastly

What PetrusQuber said was good, but I know that sometimes you don’t want to spend that much money. In that case I might get the Yuxin Kylin V2 M or the MF3RS3M, or even the YJ Yulong V2 M. The Yuxin cube is kinda slow, has decent corner cutting, and is controllable. I would personally go for that one. The MF3RS3M is much faster and is said to be pretty good but slightly more expensive. The YJ cube I think is pretty good and fast but suffers a bit on corner cutting and can be a bit uncontrollable.

Hope this helped!
Yeah thanks you guys I have been looking, is this good cube for like beginners since it’s more on the cheap side?4FE69F26-0CF8-4D25-B0B0-45A6D698A56C.jpeg

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah thanks you guys I have been looking, is this good cube for like beginners since it’s more on the cheap side?View attachment 11086
Mmm, I heard it’s good enough, but that it’s like a cube meant to have magnets in it but doesn’t. You can find better cubes for that price imo.

By the way, the Dayan Tengyun M has been lowered to 17 dollars and I heard it’s a brilliant cube with a unique quiet and smooth feel :)

MEF227

Hi my name is Parker and I’m pretty new to this and I don’t have much to say expect I like video games, I want to do cubing to spend well you know less time on video games and do something with my life. I also do not have a cube (yet) I came here to talk about cubing (even though I don’t have a cube) oh I also do baseball so that’s fun. Hope we can all be friends and yes I did steal this blue neon cube from google
Hey, welcome! If you are looking for good budget cubes, I would highly recommend Yuxin budget cubes. Moyu and QiYi have good budget 3x3s too, but I like Yuxin when it comes to budget 3x3s. QiYi is good for other budget puzzles. So yeah, don’t be afraid to ask questions here!

Beastly

Thanks I’ll try to use the Dayan Tengyun M or I can go for the 10 dollar cubes then I can get this one.A87404A0-5751-4644-B293-9F25A3F7D338.jpeg

Last edited: