• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello World!

Thread starter #1
Hello everyone,

It's been 6 years since I solved my first cube. Those days it took me 5 minutes to solve it using beginner's method. Then I gave up because I wasn't improving. Now I started again, practiced for a couple of months now I can solve in less than a minute with 4 look LL. Trying to learn full PLL and improve my F2L. I'm open for any recommendations. Feels good to be here!

YouTube
filipemtx
Welcome! Are you a programmer?

If so, what is the output of this instruction:

Code:
main(int c,char**v){return!m(v[1],v[2]);}m(char*s,char*t){return*t-42?*s?63==*t|*s==*t&&m(s+1,t+1):!*t:m(s,t+1)||*s&&m(s+1,t);}

Hello and welcome to the cubing community and speedsolving.com.

Firstly, I would like to ask what cube you are currently using. Upgrading hardware can make some improvements to your times, but not a lot at this stage. I would recommend buying from cubezz.com since they have cheap prices and free international shipping. A magnetic cube may help, such as the Yulong V2M if you are currently using a non-magnetic cube - only $7.15.

Yulong V2M - Cubezz

Listed below are a few tips if you are not already using these:

Cross
- Plan in inspection
- Cross on bottom
- Colour neutral - The ability to solve with any cross colour

F2L
- Backslotting - Ability to slot F2L pair in any of the 4 slots as this would improve lookahead later
- Fingertricks - Use JPerm's tutorials
- Practice - Keep practising until it becomes "muscle memory", that you can solve a pair without thinking

OLL and PLL
- Using correct fingertricks to avoid regrips

Good luck with learning full PLL. I would recommend only learning a couple of algorithms a day. I'm in a very similar position to you and I am constantly practising my algorithms to ensure they become muscle memory. I don't think lookahead is too important at this stage.

Check out the wiki for additional tips to improve your CFOP.

Happy cubing.