• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello, Master Beginner Cuber here

Qbe

Hi, I got a cube for Christmas just gone and fell in love with it, I mastered the bog-standard algorithm on the rubiks website to the point where I just handed in my uni dissertation with a program that solves 60,000 a second! (humble brag over :))
Now that’s all finished, I can go back to actually doing the cube for fun, and since I can only do it in like 1:15~ I wanna crack that down and look at over ways of solving it

So here I am, nice to meet you all and if you have any help to throw my way I’m all ears

That's 2look last layer on their website, same place where I started out.
You're set for quite a bit, 2 look is better than the sexy method which is very slow IMO

WCA
2015STEV01
For the beginner's method that is a decent time. You can keep going with that if you feel like you are still improving, or you could try and learn a proper speedsolving method. CFOP is a popular method that is similar to the beginner's method on the Rubik's site, it just does multiple steps at the same time. Roux, ZZ, and Petrus are other methods that are among the fastest. Check out this thread if you want to see them more in depth: https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/beginners-guide-to-choosing-a-speedsolving-method.43471/

There are many other methods that people have come up with that haven't been explored or had enough attention to see how good they can really be. Search around on here and try any you find interesting.