• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hello I'm new

12150w

Hello I'm new at speedsolving.com (if you didn't know that already). I started cubing a couple weeks ago and I'd like to thank everyone for all the help.

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
bldmaster
I have a few questions for you, and based on that, I can decide how to best help you:

What is your current best time?
What time do you average?
What method do you use to solve the cube?
What kind of cube do you have?

12150w

Sorry I got extremely busy. My current average time is around 1:30 with a normal storebought rubiks cube. My best time is 1:10. I use the layer method to solve my cube and I am wanting to learn another methond maybe.

jcuber

WCA
2009LEVI01
YouTube
jado1234567
If you are confortable with the layer-by-layer concept, eventually (when you get times around 1 minute or so) move on to the keyhole method, and then fridrich (when you get around 40 seconds or so).

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
bldmaster
Your times seem much like my times a few weeks ago. With a LOT of practice, you can be achieving sub-minute (less than a minute) times fairly quickly. Have you lubricated your cube? If you haven't, it's probably a good idea to do that first. Once you know Fridrich method, or are close to starting it, I would suggest buying a DIY cube to help you even more.

12150w

I've read that it's most personal preference what type of cube you use but what are the noticable differences betweent DIY cube types