• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello from the high mountains

PalmsOnCubes

Name: Palmer
YouTube channel: PalmsOnCubes
Main: Gan XS
PB: 16.20
PB Ao5: 21.38

Hello cubing forum! I like to cube and I practice Zen Buddhism so I actually call what I do “zencubing” as opposed to speedcubing. I cube to let the order and chaos unravel as I flow between algorithms in the most satisfying way possible to me, even if it reinforces “bad” habits and slow times according to non-dialectic tutorials. At the end of the day, I still mostly use standard CFOP assisted by Jperm videos.

Puzzles:
2x2: Gan 251
4x4: Valk 4M(want an aosu)
5x5: Valk 5M
7x7: Hays 7M
Skewb: Moyu
Pyraminx: Shengshou Mr. M

weatherman223

WCA
2017MILL04
Name: Palmer
YouTube channel: PalmsOnCubes
Main: Gan XS
PB: 16.20
PB Ao5: 21.38

Hello cubing forum! I like to cube and I practice Zen Buddhism so I actually call what I do “zencubing” as opposed to speedcubing. I cube to let the order and chaos unravel as I flow between algorithms in the most satisfying way possible to me, even if it reinforces “bad” habits and slow times according to non-dialectic tutorials. At the end of the day, I still mostly use standard CFOP assisted by Jperm videos.

Puzzles:
2x2: Gan 251
4x4: Valk 4M(want an aosu)
5x5: Valk 5M
7x7: Hays 7M
Skewb: Moyu
Pyraminx: Shengshou Mr. M

Welcome! It’s always nice to see another Colorado Cuber on here!

Where specifically in the mountains do you live? We have a few cubers here who live in Summit County, and we have a competition there in July :)

PalmsOnCubes

Lol I appreciate the feedback on the aosu but I do really hate the feeling of my Valk 4, I should probably just keep playing with tensions and setup, but hardware drives me crazy on 4x4.
And hey weatherman! Yeah I live in steamboat springs right now but I’m about to be living on the road in a camper(primarily for personal reasons and scattered job opportunities, but secondarily to travel to comps lol). I read through the Colorado cubing thread and I’m bummed about missing old town Parker. I still haven’t been to my first comp, but I’m thinking I might drive to Salt Lake City for their pi day comp; either way I’d love to hit up that July Dillon one.