• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello, cubers!

RedstoneTim

YouTube
channel/UC0cMX-1ChZ-
Hello, I'm Tim from Germany and joined this server as I've been looking through the speedsolving wiki for quite some time, which also got me to this forum here.
I've been cubing for one or two years and am now back after a "short" cubing break.
My favorite event is 3x3 with an average of currently about 25 seconds.
Even though I've only specialized on CFOP for 3x3 and a bit ZZ for OH, I'm also interested in all other kinds of approaches on how to solve the cube, which is also a reason as to why I joined this forum, since the posts here often offer more extensive explanations about new methods than the wiki and also show their "evolution", aka what they were meant to be in the beginning and how other people's contributions made them better to be what they are now.
I hope that we'll all have a good time here and that I'll also be able to contribute to this giant forum in some way (although I probably won't be too active on here as I'm more of the lurker kind of person).

RedstoneTim

YouTube
channel/UC0cMX-1ChZ-
Thanks. Except for 3x3, I can solve 4x4, 5x5, 6x6 (all only with reduction though), 2x2 and megaminx, too. I'm also currently in the process of learning 3BLD. Because I've noticed that I want to get at least sub-20 before focusing on big cubes and as I don't practice 2x2 and megaminx much, my times are generally pretty bad for all of these events. That's also the reason a lot of the cubes I own are more or less budget cubes, mostly by QiYi (QiYuan S for 4x4, QiZheng S for 5x5, Cyclone Boys for 6x6, QiHeng S for megaminx and QiDi S for 2x2). The only exception to this would be my 3x3 main, a Valk 3. (As you can probably see from the names, I generally prefer stickerless cubes.)