• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Headlights OLL Fingertrick

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The dreaded headlights! This is the "standard" algorithm, but tricked out with grips that make it fast and fun!

Here is the alg with overshoot/undershoot guides included:
R2+ D- (R'+ U'2-) (R- D'+ R'-) U2- R'

That first U'2 is tricky. Hint: Counterbalance the cube by briefly placing your left ring finger across BR and BRD.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

blah

brah
I used to do that fingertrick for one of the A perms. R'2 U'2 R D R' U'2 R D' R. Entire thing done in one motion. Cool looking but useless for speed.

I do use that finger trick for my R perm though.

Last edited:

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok...turns out there was a tiny clip of audio leftover at about 6:00 which made the video 5:00 too long...don't know how I missed it when I tested it. It just goes to show: Something almost always goes wrong with computers (I'm a software developer and I always have to fix bugs at least three times before they are truly fixed). Let this be a warning to all YouTube users: Garbage in, garbage out!

anyway...I re-uploaded it and it looks fine now.

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah awesome! I like the way this looks I didnt know about it :D

Thank you, teacher!
worship.gif

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
Oh yes, Joël van Noort was a huge influence on me!

If anyone is interested, his fingertrick page is here: http://solvethecube.110mb.com/fingertricks.html

Nice to hear I inspired someone, but everybody should also realise that my fingertricks page is quite old and out dated. There are quite a few things in there I don't agree with anymore, and the headlights is one of them. I do it much faster now :).

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice to hear I inspired someone, but everybody should also realise that my fingertricks page is quite old and out dated. There are quite a few things in there I don't agree with anymore, and the headlights is one of them. I do it much faster now :).
I would love it if you would share some of your thoughts about this...it's not the first time a fast cuber has said "I don't do x anymore" and I wonder what the thought process is behind the evolution...