• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Has anyone ever done this before? (Pretty dumb, lol)

Tetris Cube

You know those Rubik's cube stands you get in a storebought?

Well... if you have enough, have you ever put four of them on a 3x3x3 to cover it? I was bored and was surprised that it fit perfectly.

Just wanted to check if I'm the only weird one here.

Tetris Cube

It's interesting how when you have them all on, every diagonal opposite pair of corners has one covered, and one not covered.

skwishy

you should upload a pic so I can see it :D I would do it myself but I only have one stand.

Tetris Cube

Will do. I'll edit this post when I upload them. [done]

Low quality, taken on a phone. You get the point though.

Edit 2: Where are the images? The tags didn't work.

Edit 3: Just realized I used the wrong links. They're linked to anyway, too lazy to fetch them. :)

Last edited:

DcF1337

I did this when I was wondering to do what with my Rubik's stands. I don't use my stands anymore now, just stack them up together and put them beside my cubes.

KubeKid73

If I get another Rubik's brand cube, I'll be sure to try this. If I do get them, should I get all V-Cubes, or a Rubik's 5x5 and a 6 and 7 V-Cube?

Tetris Cube

I've never used a Rubik's 5x5x5, I assume it's as crappy as a Rubik's 4x4x4. Which is pretty extreme... I only trust the 3x3x3s now because they're at least decent rather than super crap. I would go for the V5. If not the V5, an Eastsheen.

pcharles93

WCA
2008HUYN01
YouTube
pcharles93
Rubik's 5x5s are OK. Nothing compared to V5's but they're godly. They get really good after a lot of breaking in, but turn crappy really fast. I can barely sub-3 with my first one. If only V5 shipping was $4 less.

Brett

I've never used a Rubik's 5x5x5, I assume it's as crappy as a Rubik's 4x4x4. Which is pretty extreme... I only trust the 3x3x3s now because they're at least decent rather than super crap. I would go for the V5. If not the V5, an Eastsheen.
My rubik's 4x4x4 is nice.

Tetris Cube

Mine's terrible, lol >_>

I don't own any other 4x4's though. I've used someone's ES and it was a lot better than my cube.

KubeKid73

Yeah. Is there any way to reduce the cracking obnoxiousness of a Rubik's 4x4? I can't do much with it, so I'm not going to bother trying to speed cube with it unless I get a better one, and after I can get sub-1:00 with a 3x3.
On topic: That looks really cool. You must be a no-life loser because only a no-life loser would even think of doing that. JK! :D

boiiwonder

My retooled 444 is horrible but my old rubiks 444 is really nice. Its better than alot of peoples eastsheens.

The rubiks 555 isnt bad at all ( well mine arent bad ) the Eastsheen 555's are a fail.

But yea I tried doing that once. It turned out great. I don't know what caused me to do that, but it was fun :)