• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

"Hardware" Sub-forum

Do you think there should be a "Hardware" sub-forum?

• Yes, we need one.

Votes: 44 89.8%
  • No, it wouldn't get enough activity.

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
What do you guys think of a "hardware" subforum, which would include questions like:
what kind of cube to get, how to lube cubes, DIY questions, 9spuzzles vs cube4you,discuss what to buy, where to buy from, and how to tune your DIY into the ultimate speedcube.

Place your vote so we can decide. Poll created from discussion here.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you may as well try it out, and if it doesn't go well the useful threads could be stickied and put in the beginners forum.

Jai

WCA
2007GAMB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
what kind of cube to get, how to lube cubes, DIY questions, 9spuzzles vs cube4you,discuss what to buy, where to buy from, and how to tune your DIY into the ultimate speedcube.

Place your vote so we can decide. Poll created from discussion here.

I think those would pretty much be the main questions/topics in the Hardware forum, there's not much to talk about besides buying cubes (where/how/what), and how to tune your DIY. I think you should just make stickied threads in the speedcubing and beginner's forums instead.

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
There's already such a sticky in the Beginner's forum, and yet I still see lots of posts regarding DIYs, cube lube, etc. scattered all over the Beginners, General Speedcubing, and even Off Topic sections. Everyone seems to have their own questions as well as their own unique experiences to share that would be kind of hard to cover in a single sticky thread.

ExoCorsair

WCA
2007CHOI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe a "how-to-get-faster" sub-forum in general... I don't think a "hardware" sub-forum would get much activity (like how the how-to/guide sub-forum doesn't). Plus, most people don't like being called "beginners", imo.

Cubie Newbie

Currently, discussions that would belong in such a forum are being held everywhere, such as speedcubing, OH, and even the novice thread! Having these discussions consolidated into one neat forum would certainly help.