• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Hard sub-30

So, I am a CFOP solver. I use full PLL and 2-look OLL with almost full OLL, mening, i know more than half of the OLL algorithms. I found out that medium TPS makes my times slower, my max tps, around 4 to 6 tps, makes me 4 to 5 seconds faster, and calm solving, meaning, almost slow solving, for better lookahead somehow make my times 30 to 35 seconds consistent. I made 2 solves from each style to figure out if this is really what is, and done with same conclusion. So, how can I make my lookahead better for maxing out completely my tps? Also, I have bad recognition on fast solves during PLL, almost everytime switching G for R or F and V perms. My cross is always 8 moves long max.Screenshot_20190109-140245.png

jam66150

go slow at first look at some example solves by jperm biggest thing to work on is f2l look ahead you can get sub 15 with 2 look oll and pll

CraZZ CFOP

WCA
2018HUGE02
OK: DO NOT TRY LOOKING AHEAD RIGHT NOW

In Cross, try to plan out the entire cross in inspection, and try to execute it really fast.
In F2L, try to get all of the F2L cases into your muscle memory by executing each of the cases really fast. Also, there are many cases that can be solved more efficiently than with intuitive F2L. Try to strive to make each F2L case really efficient and really easy to execute.
In OLL and PLL, try to execute them as fast as you can with good algs and good fingertricks. Try to not waste too much time on recognition.

stormtrooper

WCA
2019POTO01
In F2L try looking ahead slowly not fast, because when I did it I could not lookahead and it was harder to find the edge and corner. Try learning OLL (Not Full OLL) Try to learn OLL algs when you are edges oriented, and learn the OLL algs that have only 2 edges oriented because that will be useful so you can do 2LLL (If you already know those algs then you can try doing sledgehammer when inserting last F2L slot). And as CraZZ CFOP said execute PLL and OLL fast.

WCA
2018JARV02
YouTube
Gingerbread Cubing
Focus on the fundamentals, while learning full oll+pll is good, its not the best thing you could be doing now.
Make sure that you are solving each F2L case as efficiently as possible, then wait for that to convert to muscle memory.
In LL, make sure you are using good algs and fingertricks so that you will have good habits when you get faster.