• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Happy Birthday, Erno!

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Today is Erno Rubik's 77th birthday. Happy Birthday to the legend himself, the one who started it all!

I think it would be cool for us to say thanks to him by posting about how cubing has affected our lives. I'll start.

Cubing has been a hobby of mine for over 3 years now. In those 3 years, I have gone to competitions, gotten a state record, started a youtube channel, and become a Cubicle Ambassador. But more important than any of those things, I have made lots of friends. I have been able to connect with so many people because of cubing, and I'm truly grateful. So thanks Professor Rubik, and Happy Birthday!

Feel free to reply to this thread with your stories.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll go next
I've started cubing 3 and a half years ago, and while I may not be the fastest cuber, didn't go to a competition, or make a very successful yt, cubing has affected my life a lot. It captivated me and kept me going during this pandemic and allowed me to see a whole world surrounded by this puzzle. I hope to be cubing for a long time.

Thanks a lot Mr. Rubik and have a Happy Birthday!

AJCubing

Today is Erno Rubik's 77th birthday. Happy Birthday to the legend himself, the one who started it all!

I think it would be cool for us to say thanks to him by posting about how cubing has affected our lives. I'll start.

Cubing has been a hobby of mine for over 3 years now. In those 3 years, I have gone to competitions, gotten a state record, started a youtube channel, and become a Cubicle Ambassador. But more important than any of those things, I have made lots of friends. I have been able to connect with so many people because of cubing, and I'm truly grateful. So thanks Professor Rubik, and Happy Birthday!

Feel free to reply to this thread with your stories.

Happy Birthday!

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
wow we share the same bday!

Happy Birthday!

SMH

(2018) I first got into cubes when me and my dad were going to Walmart for some reason and my brother wanted to come. he came and looked at the toys and wanted a 3x3. My dad got him a 2x2 to start. He does not like me touching my stuff, but at night I would secretly try and figure it out when I could not sleep. I managed to figure out myself. I got myself a speedcube from amazon (cyclone boys) but then I lost interest. It was not until feb. 2020 when there was a new kid in my class who speedcubed. He sat next to me and I got interested. I was really into it. Before I knew it I was sub one minute. I had to stop speedcubing for a while, but now I avg 35. (I used to be sub 30 before I quit).