• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Guiness World Record - Most Rubik's Cubes Solved While Running a Marathon [video]

WCA
2007ESPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
*WARNING, 5 HOURS OF RAW FOOTAGE*

I finally got around to uploading these videos. Despite the 5 hours of just repetitive cubing, there's a lot of funny commentary in here and even some beat boxing if you hang around long enough. Again, couldn't have done this without Michael NotKevin Young, Everett Kelly, and Cameron's cubes. They were awesome.

Here is my official race results page: https://www.brooksee.com/rcc/results?pk=182762

Here is the video footage of the Guinness World Record for "Most Rubik's Cubes Solved Whilst Running a Marathon" 839 cubes in a 4:56:02 marathon:

PART 1 (1:33):
PART 2 (0:53):
PART 3 (1:33):
[video=youtube_share;iKxKzJBBmGY]http://youtu.be/iKxKzJBBmGY[/video]
PART 4 (1:00):
[video=youtube_share;dVLBMB8yuh0]http://youtu.be/dVLBMB8yuh0[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2007ESPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You know what, I actually had to go through this footage again to get a better count as there might have been some counting errors. I made it through the first 1:33 and counted 6 more than where we were at in the video. Guinness will have the final count once they review the footage but this means that the official count might be closer to 850 which is cool. We figured if anything even if the count was off I knew that I did at least 839.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am sure Phillip can run a marathon in way less than 5 hours when he's going for speed :p But that gives you less time for cube solving, which means you want to go as slow as you can for this record. The previous record holder ran it in about 5 hours, so Guinness set a 5 hour limit on the attempt.

Shane

Just wondering if you ever received confirmation from Guinness for the record?

armoni2020

WCA
2011TILS01
You beat me to it! I had been gearing up to make this attempt for a while. My first attempt last October went bad, and I ended up running without solving (4:28:55). My plan was to attempt 500. I would have held the record for about a month. But it kinda seems pointless now :-( ... BTW, brilliant use of the cart to solve the delivery problem. Helps that your average solve time is about half what mine is :)

I'll be running my 2nd marathon next fall at the age of 40. I don't expect to be making a go at your record though.