• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Guhong Pieces and 42mm zhanchi question.

Isaac Paurus

Hello, i have an issue. one day, as i was cubing at the bus stop before the bus came, an edge piece popped out of my Guhong v1. and it just so happened i was standing on top of a sewer grate and the edge fell in. :fp
See, my guhong was like, AMAZING. and i don't really want to get a new cube. so my question is does anyone know where to get JUST an edge piece? i couldn't find that option on any websites.

Part two:
would the 42mm zhanchi be a good OH cube for me? my hands are about the size of a VCR cassette (if anyone remembers what those look look like lol). I use my Left hand for OH. i have tried using a normal sized guhong, and the 50mm, but i cant seem to be able to reach the Right side with my pinky. oh yeah, i forgot, but my pinky is kinda shorter than all my other fingers haha.

Isaac Paurus

the hand you use doesn't affect what cube you should use

the cubicle sells spare pieces
i know it doesnt effect it, but i still cant reach the right side with my pinky. would the 42mm help?

At www.thecubicle.us, you can buy guhong v2 edges for less than $2 each. No guhong v1 edges, however.
would v2 edges work for the v1?

Last edited by a moderator:

NaeosPsy

WCA
2011DREI01
After practice, your pinky may stretch, that's not a problem. :D

V2 edges will work, they are just the same, you only have to take torpedoes out.

WCA
2012CHIE01
If you still can't reach on the 50mm, it's more an issue of not using the right technique than your hand is too small. You should easily be able to reach on the 50 mm.

Isaac Paurus

If you still can't reach on the 50mm, it's more an issue of not using the right technique than your hand is too small. You should easily be able to reach on the 50 mm.
sorry i just realized i typed it wrong. i meant i cant reach with my pinky for the R' move. the R moves are fine. is that still the problem, my technique?

WCA
2012CHIE01
sorry i just realized i typed it wrong. i meant i cant reach with my pinky for the R' move. the R moves are fine. is that still the problem, my technique?

I think you just need to practice a little more. Unless your pinky is super super short, you should be able to reach. Practice doing things like R U R' U' a lot and you'll soon be able to reach just fine. This is a good video, as well as this.

cubeone

Actually, I've heard that the v1 and v2 are made from different kinds of plastic, so they may not be the same even if you take the torpedoes out.