• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Guess the percentage of cubers who use different methods! (POLL)

^

• Total voters

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
So basically, out of 100, how many people do you think will be using CFOP? How many to be using Roux? Etc. After a little bit, we can do a poll on our method, and whoever is the closest wins the right to redo my location, ‘about’ and my Facebook description to one of these: The Wuest, The Euest, The Suest for a month. (I have no idea why I’m doing these kind of things)
Edit: I don’t have facebook :/, I mean the description @Etotheipi . I put N/A a while back to make my box look more filled out, but decided it was pointless.

Last edited:

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Found this on the SS chat :
View attachment 11415

According to those stats:

78.78% - CFOP
10.20% - Roux
6.12% - ZZ
2.04% - Petrus
2.86% - Other

I'm actually surprised by these, CFOP is way lower than I expected and ZZ, Petrus, and Other are higher than I anticipated. Roux is about what I thought it would be.

Last edited:

Etotheipi

According to those stats:

78.78% - CFOP
10.20% - Roux
6.12% - ZZ
2.04% - Petrus
2.86% - Other

I'm actually surprised by these, CFOP is way lower than I expected and ZZ, Petrus, and Other are higher than I anticipated. Roux is about what I thought it would be.
He said guess. Using actual stats is cheating. (Jk lol)

efattah

The 'poll' is hopelessly inaccurate because this forum is absolutely not a good random sampling. If you were to go to a big competition with 500 cubers, I can pretty much guarantee that 490+ are using CFOP. Recent interest in Roux might very slowly decrease the CFOP fraction. Probably 3 years ago the number would have been 498/500 (for CFOP).

Personally I find the most interesting (on-going) statistic is the number of users that have achieved sub-10 official averages, using methods *other* than Roux or CFOP. The number is very small, but any 'new' updates on that front are always welcome. I think something like 2 people have sub-10 ZZ averages, and I believe that's it, I don't think anyone has ever recorded a sub-10 average with Petrus, corners-first, ZBRoux, or other?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Its not meant to be very accurate, just for fun :)

The 'poll' is hopelessly inaccurate because this forum is absolutely not a good random sampling. If you were to go to a big competition with 500 cubers, I can pretty much guarantee that 490+ are using CFOP. Recent interest in Roux might very slowly decrease the CFOP fraction. Probably 3 years ago the number would have been 498/500 (for CFOP).

Personally I find the most interesting (on-going) statistic is the number of users that have achieved sub-10 official averages, using methods *other* than Roux or CFOP. The number is very small, but any 'new' updates on that front are always welcome. I think something like 2 people have sub-10 ZZ averages, and I believe that's it, I don't think anyone has ever recorded a sub-10 average with Petrus, corners-first, ZBRoux, or other?
Tao Yu and 2180161 have sub 10 Petrus averages I believe.

There a about 5 sub-10 ZZers. I think some guy who's username is a random number has sub-10 Petrus averages.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results

@Tao Yu has a sub-10 Petrus Ao12s on YouTube, and a sub-9 Ao5.

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Considering the fact that the poll is to decide who gets the right to set his location and Facebook summary, I don't think the accuracy of it is a really big concern :p.

If ZB counts as different to CFOP, I have a sub 10 average in comp and Anthony Brooks has a sub 8. I could probably get a sub 10 Petrus average in comp pretty easily, but I don't really see what point it would prove, and would rather not waste my official solves as I don't go to a lot of comps at the moment.

Last edited: