• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

gsingh's Road to 3x3 World Champion // Grinding 3/4/5

PiKeeper

WCA
2021KLIN02
Despite all the evidence saying otherwise, I really wanted to believe that maybe you weren't faking results. However, this video is clear proof that you are faking your times. I believe that you're probably at least sub-12, but you are certainly not consistently sub-10 even. Your competition results, which cannot be faked, are nowhere near the level of a sub-8 or even sub-10 solver, and it appears as if you are exaggerating how bad your comp/camera nerves are.
Now we come to the video you posted. "Camera nerves" should not be making your solves 2 seconds slower, but even that I can give you the benefit of the doubt on. The most damning thing is that you are obviously using cs timer's easy cross scrambles. I watched the first seven minutes of your video, and every single solve had 1-3 white cross pieces solved with the other pieces easily inserted. Anyone who watches the video can see that this is true. This is the second time you have been caught faking times, so you clearly have not changed your ways. If I were you, I would confess and take a break from these forums for a while.

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Despite all the evidence saying otherwise, I really wanted to believe that maybe you weren't faking results. However, this video is clear proof that you are faking your times. I believe that you're probably at least sub-12, but you are certainly not consistently sub-10 even. Your competition results, which cannot be faked, are nowhere near the level of a sub-8 or even sub-10 solver, and it appears as if you are exaggerating how bad your comp/camera nerves are.
Now we come to the video you posted. "Camera nerves" should not be making your solves 2 seconds slower, but even that I can give you the benefit of the doubt on. The most damning thing is that you are obviously using cs timer's easy cross scrambles. I watched the first seven minutes of your video, and every single solve had 1-3 white cross pieces solved with the other pieces easily inserted. Anyone who watches the video can see that this is true. This is the second time you have been caught faking times, so you clearly have not changed your ways. If I were you, I would confess and take a break from these forums for a while.
ooh that is a nice catch. im not faking my times, i just had that on today since science class.(i had a different session in which i was trying to see what i could get on good scrambles(to simulate what being full cn would be like)) i didnt see that while doing this average, and i still had it on since this morning. ill redo the average and and post another one

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
I cannot tell you how many times me and other kids in my class are doing things they shouldn’t be during class. I mean, my friend learned how to solve a cube yesterday, and all of Chinese class he was solving and the teacher just did not care. And he was using a loud Rubik’s brand too.
Why do noncubers think Rubik's Brands are the best

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright guys,
People have told me that I'm lying, and that my solves are fake, and to stop posting my "fake" progress.
But I'm going to keep posting my progress is this thread and if you guys want to keep obsessing over what I do, I don't care. I'm just going to focusing on solving and improving, while you guys obsess over my times if you want to. If you feel like I'm faking solves, then just ignore me. It's not harming you.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright guys,
People have told me that I'm lying, and that my solves are fake, and to stop posting my "fake" progress.
But I'm going to keep posting my progress is this thread and if you guys want to keep obsessing over what I do, I don't care. I'm just going to focusing on solving and improving, while you guys obsess over my times if you want to. If you feel like I'm faking solves, then just ignore me. It's not harming you.
Sounds good, mate. I do hope, however, to see more web-cam solves. Maybe that way, you can show that you are the best you claim to be. I am not saying that you are faking your times. I am just saying that maybe you can record them so that you can see what you do wrong in your solves and work on them through slow solves to stop the bad habits,

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
4. 10.70 B' L2 D2 F2 L2 U B' L' B L2 U2 R2 F2 U2 F L2 U' R' D1 @2022-05-31 17:09:36
I happened to notice that the final D had a 1 in it, which obviously never happens with a cs timer generated scramble, even for the easy cross ones. So unless if somebody can think of some legitimate reason this could've happened, it seems as if you've also tampered with the scrambles.

I also was watching part of the video, I didn't feel like watching it all, but within the first few minutes I saw that you reset your timer after a bad solve. I think everyone has deleted a bad solve before, but it obviously does reduce the accuracy of the average.

If you feel like I'm faking solves, then just ignore me. It's not harming you.
Faking solves isn't harming me as an individual, but fake solves are one of the worst parts about the cubing community. One of the things that made me fall in love with the community, was the fact that it was just different in the best possible ways. I'd argue at least for myself, the honesty was one of the best parts. I felt like I could be myself and as if I was welcome. But whenever people fake solves or do anything dishonest, it just seems to morph cubing into any other online community.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright guys,
Alright, sounds good. For me, there's too much evidence against you rn, but I hope eventually you'll prove that you're legit. Good luck

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Goals for Berkeley Summer 2022:
3x3: Sub 9 Average, Sub 7 Single
Main: Gan 11 M Duo
7x7: Sub 5 Average, Sub 4:30 Single
Main: Yj Mgc
Pyraminx: Sub-10 Average, Sub-8 Single