• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

gsingh's Road to 3x3 World Champion // Grinding 3/4/5

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
UPDATED 3/13/2024
Hi, I'm gsingh. I'm a speedcuber from California who learned how to solve a cube in 2019. I have been speedcubing since January 2021. My main events are 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5. (I used to also practice 6/7/OH, but I don't anymore). I average around 7.1 seconds on 3x3. My goal for 3x3 is to become world champion. On 4x4, I average around 35, and on 5x5, I average around 1:10. I am not as serious about these events as I am about 3x3, but I still do practice a lot, and I have big goals. I would like to be considered one of the best in the world in these three events.

My averages and methods for all of the WCA events that I know how to do:
2x2: 3.1, I recently learned CLL and I'm trying to get good at it.
3x3: 7.1, CFOP
4x4: 35, Yau
5x5: 1:10, Yau
6x6: 2:35, Yau
7x7: 4:30, Yau
OH: 18, CFOP
Clock: 9, Flip
Pyraminx: 8, V First/Intuitive L4E
Skewb: 12, Sarah's Beginner
Megaminx: 1:50, Freestyle
Square-1: 45, Vandenbergh

Last edited:

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright Guys,

I'm very sorry for faking my 5x5 times.
I am sub 9 on 3x3, I can prove that if you guys want me to, no excuses this time.
I average 1:10 on 5x5.
I think the reason i started faking 5x5 is when I got a very good solve in the weekly comp, a 1:02 or something like that, i kept on feeling that i could have been a sub-1 if i hadn't gotten a bad Pll. So I edited the solve to be a 59, and made the average a 1:05.
I felt really bad about it, and i didn't plan on doing it again. I was going to delete it, but then people noticed. I felt that everyone would hate me if I said it was fake.( They would have a good reason, but still, no one wants to be hated.) So I kept on going, and every time I faked a solve I felt bad and wanted to admit faking solves but was too scared to do so. Every time I put this off it made me feel even worse.
So I'm sorry, I know i don't deserve it but I hope you guys forgive me.
I am especially sorry to people who believed my times and defended me, like @Timona and @TheEpicCuber .
Also @Imsoosm the reason the dates make it look like there is a huge time gap between each solve it because the solves have been imported from speedcubestats, a timer I used for a while, so those dates don't mean anything, they are just numbers.
As for the sub 6 avg the only explanation I can think of is that either they are 2x2 solves mixed in on accident or that my friends got their hands on my computer at some point.
@Mike Hughey , could you please delete my 5x5 times for the weekly comp?

Ill try to post the OH average soon. I'll try for this week but no promises.

Again, I'm, sorry for all of this. I know it will be hard but I hope you guys forgive me.
I promise to only post legitimate solves from now on.
I will delete this thread and make a new progression thread with zero cheating.

P.S does anyone have good algs for all 4 awkward shapes Oll's and the Nb Perm? Mine are really bad.
Thanks for coming out, man. I am bummed that you faked your times, but I hope to see improvement in you. Lying is a tricky subject to deal with, but never do it unless you are talking to anyone about their looks. Even behind their backs, always say they look good.
For the awkward shapes, starting with the ones that look like the U cases for COLL, you want to do a sune from the front or back, depending on where the corner is. Then rotate the U layer and do a T-OLL.
-- M --
M M |
M _ M Do the sune in the front, then the T will show up on top

M -- M
M M |
-- M -- Do the sune in the back, then the T will show up on top.

As for the awkward shapes that look like a T-shape oll, there is an alg that I have memorized into both muscle and mental memory.

M M --
| M M
M _ _ (r' D' r) U' (r' D r2) U' (r' U r U r')

-- M M
M M |
_ _ M Just do the same alg, but lefty. (Not supplying an alg because I am too lazy to do so)

These are the same algs that I learned from Jperm's newest oll algorithm + fingertrick video.