• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

gsingh's Road to 3x3 World Champion // Grinding 3/4/5

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Why is using a good method bad? Who cares how many people use it?
more people are finding ways to improve it more than other methods. CFOP has been so popular for so long now and its the consensus best method for 3x3 kostly bexause way more people use it and way more people try to improve it. My point is its doesnt hurt to be more experimental with the cube. Dont get me wrong CFOP is good, I just dont think its the best method. I'm like other people. I say the method I use is the best method, and I main Waterman (of all methods lol). If people say otger methpds aee the best, why dont they use them? Maybe the algcount? Who knows? I main Waterman and I dont know nearly as much algs as I should in it. Barely anyone tries anything to improve waterman other than Eric Fattah for his LMCF L5E and L6E and WaterRoux L7E. And of course Marc Waterman when he first came up with the method. For CFOP you got things like 1LLL, Multislotting, VLS, WV, SV, CLS, Whatever Ribbon Method does, stupid ways so do CFOP with S Moves, Pseudoslotting (which doesnt exist in Waterman), and more. Thats just an example though there are many more methods like this. This obviously makes CFOP a good method, but also kind of overrated.

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
more people are finding ways to improve it more than other methods. CFOP has been so popular for so long now and its the consensus best method for 3x3 kostly bexause way more people use it and way more people try to improve it. My point is its doesnt hurt to be more experimental with the cube. Dont get me wrong CFOP is good, I just dont think its the best method. I'm like other people. I say the method I use is the best method, and I main Waterman (of all methods lol). If people say otger methpds aee the best, why dont they use them? Maybe the algcount? Who knows? I main Waterman and I dont know nearly as much algs as I should in it. Barely anyone tries anything to improve waterman other than Eric Fattah for his LMCF L5E and L6E and WaterRoux L7E. And of course Marc Waterman when he first came up with the method. For CFOP you got things like 1LLL, Multislotting, VLS, WV, SV, CLS, Whatever Ribbon Method does, stupid ways so do CFOP with S Moves, Pseudoslotting (which doesnt exist in Waterman), and more. Thats just an example though there are many more methods like this. This obviously makes CFOP a good method, but also kind of overrated.
@gsingh this is the part where you explain yourself instead of being a toddler and just reacting with "meh".

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I gotcha. I don't think CFOP is the best method, and any somewhat knowledgeable cfop user would agree. Roux is decently ahead of everything else right now, so I'd say it's definitely the best. With that said, CFOP is the most developed, so it is easier to find resources to improve. Not posting any more after this, cuz it ain't a method debate thread.

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Goals for BASC 34 2022:

2x2: Sub 4 Average, Sub 3 Single
Cube: Qiyi MS

3x3: Sub 9 Average, Sub 8 Single
Cube: Gan 11 M Duo (i'm thinking of buying another gan 12 maglev though, maybe it will arrive before the comp)

4x4: Sub 35 Average, Sub 30 Single
Cube: Yj Mgc

5x5: Sub 1:10 Average, Sub 1:05 Single

Megaminx: Sub 2:00 Average, Sub 1:50 Single
Cube: Qiyi Qiheng

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Goals for BASC 34 2022:

2x2: Sub 4 Average, Sub 3 Single
Cube: Qiyi MS

3x3: Sub 8 Average, Sub 7 Single
Cube: Gan 11 M Duo (i'm thinking of buying another gan 12 maglev though, maybe it will arrive before the comp)

4x4: Sub 35 Average, Sub 30 Single

5x5: Sub 1:10 Average, Sub 1:05 Single

Megaminx: Sub 2:00 Average, Sub 1:50 Single
Cube: Qiyi Qiheng
I wish I could go. But Gass prices are killing me. Hopefully the Calpoly comps will return soon. Good luck at the comp. Hope you reach your goals! 😃

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
i plus 2'ed out of a 9.5 average in r1 on the last solve.
still pr though, 10.18 and 8.37 pr single.
i had double parity on all of the first 4 solves in 4x4. i dont know how rare that is, but its very bad luck
mega was completely suck. now time for 5x5

i didnt do bad today(better then i usually do in comps)
in 3x3 r1 i +2'd a 8.59. if i hadnt it would have been a 9.5 average
in r2 i could have gotten a 9.49 average, but my cube exploded. i got a 25
6 pr's total :)
1656892478939.png

Last edited: