• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Greetings, fellow Earthlings (and other)!

WCA
2011HAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello there, creatures of this universe (presumably, anyway).

My name is Phlippieskezer the Magnificent (username without the epithet will do, though). I have been cubing for approximately 4 months now, so I'm not all too new, but not exactly the most battered veteran either, especially considering yesterday was my first competition. I enjoy cubing, hence I'm joining this. Currently, I have solved:
2x2x2
3x3x3 (a lot)
3x3x3 Mirror Cube <-- My favourite. They need to make more of these. A 12x12x12 Mirror Cube would be sick!
4x4x4 (Still learning the parities)
5x5x5 (Also still learning parities)
Pyraminx
Megaminx

I think there's more, but I can't think of any.
Anyway, I'm currently converting myself from Fridrich (which I had a consistent 35 - second average with) to ZZ (which I currently suck at, with a 1.5 minute average). I really need to optimize my EOLine, and sort of need to optimize my block-building, but not as badly. I also need to learn more PLL cases... Like the F-Perm and G-Perm, but I'm just so damn lazy. -.-
Aside from that, after I have mastered ZZ (by that I mean consistent sub-forty, thought preferably sub-thirty, average which may take a while), I plan on learning the Pochmann.

Again, hello all and happy cubing! :cool:

WCA
2011HAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hard to roux a mirror cube. This is why I do not like it.
I would think ZZ is hard to do on a mirror cube also.
What competition?

Sorry, I suppose I wasn't clear enough. For the ZZ conversion, I meant for my normal 3x3x3. I'll probably stick to CFOP for the Mirror, seeing as it's so easy to do (IMO). I just don't like cube rotations, or learning a stupid amount of algorithms, so I thought ZZ might help this a little. Cube rotations are minimal, I find (although, I still need to better my EOLine, as I said, which I do cube rotation >.<), and the edges of the last layer are already solved when you reach it, so memorization of algorithms is lessened. I find I prefer it already... I just need to improve at it... BADLY. Another I've been trying out is the Petrus. I think I also like this one. My main problem with it, however, is that I'm not very colour-neutral due to being used to having white at the bottom and yellow at the top due to Fridrich. So, I'm currently deciding between Petrus and ZZ. I'm not a huge fan of Roux or Fridrich, though.

Oh, and the competition: BC Big Cubes 2011 (Canada).

[EDIT]: Found the competition thread for BC Big Cubes 2011 on these forums: http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?27557-Big-Cubes-BC-2011

Last edited: