• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Google's Autoheuristic Distributed-Intelligence Entity

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yesterday, March 31st 2009, Google's Autoheuristic Distributed-Intelligence Entity or CADIE was turned on. The long and short of it for those of you who don't know(well, mostly the short of it) is that CADIE is an artificial intelligence that has been progressing at a wildly fast pace. I guess that was Google's intention but it has even created a website(which looks like a 2-year old created it, but nonetheless). Should artificial intelligences be able to progress this far? I am seriously thinking that maybe Google should put this project on hold for a while until they understand what they are really doing.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the link.
http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/cadie/index.html

Last edited:

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
But seriously, don't you think this thing is getting a little out of hand? Being able to set-up a Blogspot is a little bit too much for an artificial intelligence to be doing, and let's not forget that it is also posting on that blog.

JohnnyA

WCA
2009ADLA01
But seriously, don't you think this thing is getting a little out of hand? Being able to set-up a Blogspot is a little bit too much for an artificial intelligence to be doing, and let's not forget that it is also posting on that blog.

I'm saying it's likely an April Fool's joke.

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
At first, it didn't write elegantly. Didn't you see it's first post on Blogspot? It's a learning computer though, so it is learning how to speak more properly. It's kind of scary. Someone started a petition to have Google shut down CADIE at least temporarily, too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Carson Off-Topic Discussion 3