• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Good morning/afternoon/evening!

Thread starter #1
I recently was introduced into the world of cubing in around May, by a friend who had just learned to solve a Rubik's cube. Wanting to not be the only one that didn't know how to solve a cube or the only one joking around about pealing the stickers off, I rushed to learn a method. Soon enough, I started surpassing my friends (who had grown bored of the hobby) and I considered looking into different cubes, methods, and tricks. I am happy to see my gradual progression into the speedcuber which I consider myself to be now. Now, that I have gotten more serious into cubing, I am excited to make more friends in this community and learn new techniques. I use a Gan 354 M, and I have always considered myself to average sub-25, but lately, I have had an increasing number of sub-20 solves, which I am impressed by. My best time is 14.99, where I had a PLL skip and flawless F2L. My best Average of five is currently 17.18 seconds, which I got recently and I rushed to tell my friends! I am not currently interested in other events, but I do have a 2x2 that is sitting on a shelf somewhere and an unopened pyraminx that I should get around to learning. I am interested in learning 4x4 though, so if anyone has any good beginner 4x4s that they recommend, please let me know. As my username entitles, I am a huge fan of Arizona Iced Tea. I am obsessed with their new collab with Adidas! If you haven't heard about it, look it up! The shoes are crazy, and yet I still want them. I enjoy reading often and whenever I go on the bus somewhere, I am either reading or solving my cube! My favorite author is Stephen King and I basically only read horror and thriller stories, so it is strange reading a required book for school. Anyway, nice to meet you! My name is Sam and I hope I can make many friends through my cubing journey!

Thread starter #2
By the way, here are some of the shoes from the Arizona Iced Tea x Adidas collaboration, if you wanted to know, and mainly because I love gushing about Arizona Iced Tea!

These ones are the new ones and are so amazing, they are based on the different flavors!

dims.jpeg
The original batch (which long since sold out and were only available in a pop-up shop in New York, also I live nowhere near New York. They were only ¢99 too!) that are so extra and cute!

These are my personal favorite, and I think they look so nice and show off the original green tea iced tea that Arizona Iced Tea is known for.

They even have slides!

(Excuse my very possibly very bad images and positioning, I don't know how to add images very well on this site).

Thread starter #6
Pyra is very easy and can be solved intuitively.
Welcome to the forums!
After reading your message, I tried to solve it intuitively and I could solve it. It was much easier than I thought. Thank you for telling me that! I am not the best, but I am hoping to secure my understanding of the pyraminx and move on to better methods. Are there any methods you suggest?

Thread starter #7
4x4 is pretty easy, except for parity. tbh, I only average 5-6 minutes as I have only solved it 5 or so times because my 4x4 is broken ):
I have heard about the horrors of parity. It must suck that your four by four is broken, I hope you get a new one soon! Averaging around five minutes after solving it only a little bit is impressive! I don't think I could accel that quickly, but I will take your advice and look into learning four by four.

Thread starter #8
Welcome, if you have a 17.18 AO5 then you are probably sub20 now. I recommend you just get the valk 4M straight away, if you really care about the budget then maybe yuxin little magic 4x4M.
I guess I am sub 20 now, I just don't consider myself to be. :) Maybe I am just overthinking my occasional over 20 second solves? The budget isn't really an issue, so I am sure I will get the Valk to learn 4 by 4.

After reading your message, I tried to solve it intuitively and I could solve it. It was much easier than I thought. Thank you for telling me that! I am not the best, but I am hoping to secure my understanding of the pyraminx and move on to better methods. Are there any methods you suggest?
Awesome! Good to know I helped you get into a new puzzle. I don't really know any methods, but I think keyhole and L4E are some. But I'm more of an NxN guy tbh.

When I say NxN I mean I can solve 2x2 3x3 and 4x4 (unless I get oll parity... Pop!)