• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Going to my first comp!!!!!

CFOP INC

Hey all its been awhile but I have been crazy busy with work and training so. anyway the comp is at my old college CWU Link here I will be competing in 3x3 OH 5x5 and megaminx.

So I suck at megaminx and am mid at 5x5 and OH so tips will be appreciated. I am really excited about this because this will probably be my only opportunity to go to a comp for awhile.

My goals are to make cutoff in mega and 5x5, get a sub 14 3x3 average, and get sub 35 in OH.

Hey all its been awhile but I have been crazy busy with work and training so. anyway the comp is at my old college CWU Link here I will be competing in 3x3 OH 5x5 and megaminx.

So I suck at megaminx and am mid at 5x5 and OH so tips will be appreciated. I am really excited about this because this will probably be my only opportunity to go to a comp for awhile.

My goals are to make cutoff in mega and 5x5, get a sub 14 3x3 average, and get sub 35 in OH.

For mega it looks like cutoff is 3:00. Mega is just practice. When I got my first mega (It was the Gan) I could only solve it in 5 minutes. After I did 100 solves, I average sub-2, which is a 3 minute improvement, just by practicing! Also it looks like your goal for 3x3 is the get sub-14, which means you probably know Advanced F2L which will make getting sub 3 for mega even easier!

Not sure what I'm gonna do with 5x5 cus I don't really like the event tho.
Relatable. I'm doing all events except for 7x7, but I don't even like 5x5 and OH that much. I love 3x3, 3BLD, and Mega though. I think it's fun to compete in all the events I know how to do, especially since there's less pressure in the ones I don't really like and haven't practiced much though. That sounds a little weird lol, they're fun but not fun at the same time.

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not sure what I'm gonna do with 5x5 cus I don't really like the event tho.

Relatable. I'm doing all events except for 7x7, but I don't even like 5x5 and OH that much. I love 3x3, 3BLD, and Mega though. I think it's fun to compete in all the events I know how to do, especially since there's less pressure in the ones I don't really like and haven't practiced much though. That sounds a little weird lol, they're fun but not fun at the same time.
Relatble for me w/ 3bld and 3OH.

CFOP INC

Yeah I love OH and 3x3 but I want to do as many events as possible because this will probably be my only opportunity to go to a comp for awhile maybe even years.

Yeah I love OH and 3x3 but I want to do as many events as possible because this will probably be my only opportunity to go to a comp for awhile maybe even years.
That's pretty much my mindset too, although I have more opportunities to go to comps more frequently than you do. My last comp and this comp are 8 months apart, and I don't know when another comp will pop up, so I want to take advantage of the events offered.