• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GMS Magnets Strengthening?

dominoboy

WCA
2015SALM03
Before purchasing my Gan X, many reviewers stated that the strongest (clear) magnets weren't very strong. I prefer stronger magnets in my cubes (such as the GTS3 M magnets) but decided it would still be worth trying it out. After playing with the Gan X, I realized the magnets were quite weak, but not strong for sure.

After looking it how the magnet replacement system worked, I realized there are very large hole, presumably where the magnets in production were inserted through, on the GMS magnets. So could I buy stronger magnets which I can place into the 'null' magnet inserts to get stronger GMS magnets?

I've tried researching into what magnets Gan have used in their GMS magnets, but I've had no luck. Spare GTS3 M magnets are too wide to fit and I don't have anymore magnets just laying around.

I can't be the first person to realise this, so if someone knows if it's possible/what sort of magnets to use, please let me know. I not too diverse in types of magnets