• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Giiker Cube software

WCA
2015ROOI01
Hi all,
I recently bought a Giiker cube and I had some thoughts about the app.

I would like to time myself and know the splits for the solve. I know https://bluetooth.cubing.net can do this exact same thing, but it doesn't time the solve. It does only a move split.

Do you happened to know ant software that does the splits with time?

I am a programmer myself and would like to help anyone if they have a project on this running and would like some extra help!

JacksCube

I recently purchased a giiker cube as well. The new update, V2.2.0 that came out for Supercube has some new features but not split times. It does give an option for losing those ghastly colors that came on the cube. Now you can choose another more conventional theme.

I'm waiting for some teaching software that could be used for teaching children how to solve cubes. A series of drills that would cover some basic algorithms would be really helpful. Repetition is the key here. Concentrate on the algorithms that need practice, etc.

qq280833822

WCA
2008CHEN27
Well, in the past few days, I tried to make cstimer connect to Giiker cube with web Bluetooth api (which seems only available on chrome with "experimental-web-platform-features" flag enabled).
Since there are still many issues to be discussed, I only released it to the beta version ( https://cstimer.net/new/ ). See Options-> entering in times with "Giiker", and open Tools -> Giiker to check or reset the cube. Auto-split timing is also available and can be enabled at Options->virtual->multi-phase: "CFOP".

Besides, I think some of the problems of Giiker cube software should be discussed for standardization and convenience.
One of the most serious problem is that how to detect or decide which move ends the scramble. In the current implementation, if the Giiker cube stays at an unsolved state for more than 5 seconds, cstimer will treat it as a scrambled state, and the speedsolver has started his inspection. Then, cstimer will start timing once he does any move on the cube.
There are many different way to tell softwares "I have finished scrambling", e.g. specific move sequences like " R R' U U' ", a "Scrambled OK" button, press space, check scrambled state if scramble sequence is available, etc. I'm not sure which of them is best for most of speedsolvers.

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, in the past few days, I tried to make cstimer connect to Giiker cube with web Bluetooth api (which seems only available on chrome with "experimental-web-platform-features" flag enabled).
Since there are still many issues to be discussed, I only released it to the beta version ( https://cstimer.net/new/ ). See Options-> entering in times with "Giiker", and open Tools -> Giiker to check or reset the cube. Auto-split timing is also available and can be enabled at Options->virtual->multi-phase: "CFOP".

Besides, I think some of the problems of Giiker cube software should be discussed for standardization and convenience.
One of the most serious problem is that how to detect or decide which move ends the scramble. In the current implementation, if the Giiker cube stays at an unsolved state for more than 5 seconds, cstimer will treat it as a scrambled state, and the speedsolver has started his inspection. Then, cstimer will start timing once he does any move on the cube.
There are many different way to tell softwares "I have finished scrambling", e.g. specific move sequences like " R R' U U' ", a "Scrambled OK" button, press space, check scrambled state if scramble sequence is available, etc. I'm not sure which of them is best for most of speedsolvers.

I've just tried it and it works really well! I've done 20 solves and it always correctly detected when the cube was solved. (With https://hakatashi.github.io/smart-cube-timer/ sometimes the cube is solved, but it is not detected.)
My preferred settings are the two second delay. I like that inspection then starts at 13 seconds remaining. I would prefer if the printed scramble was detected, though. Maybe it can be similar like in https://hakatashi.github.io/smart-cube-timer/, where one move is checked after the other. Then there could be some sort of warning sound or so, if you perform a wrong move. (Ideally, it does not complain if you do R L instead of L R.)

Reactions: pjk

ortwin

For my needs all the available software for the giiker supercube has some problems or some features missing.
What I want to do, is to have a timed reconstruction of my solve that I can copy for example into alg.cubing.net .
Further I want to be able to enter a scramble and the software should assist when I scramble my cube.

The newest giiker app doesen't offer the possibility any longer to copy a solve algorithm to the clipboard. Also no possibility to edit a scramble provided.

https://hakatashi.github.io/smart-cube-timer also only works with the scrambles provided.

https://bluetooth.cubing.net does not support the scrambling phase like the the two pieces of software above do by greying out the scramble moves already performed. No timer.

https://cstimer.net/new/ does not work for me past a beep of the giiker cube.

Lucas, I hope you get to improve your site by those few missing features. Another cool feature would be a button to directly import the most recent scramble from the weekly fmc competion of David Adams.

unicate

Hey, I am working on a similar solution for mobile platforms. atm android only. Let me know what you need.

ATM working on:

* Setup your preferred F and U.
* Colors should be switchable as you want them to be.

ATM broken:
* Bluetooth must be enabled (the app is atm not asking to enable it, it just crashes)
* Timer sometimes not 100% correct -> "Highscore" is.

Planned features:

* Steptimers for different methods (at least cfop and roux)
* a trainer something like this maybe

Last edited:
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I am working on a similar solution for mobile platforms. atm android only. Let me know what you need.

ATM working on:

* Setup your preferred F and U.
* Colors should be switchable as you want them to be.

ATM broken:
* Bluetooth must be enabled (the app is atm not asking to enable it, it just crashes)
* Timer sometimes not 100% correct -> "Highscore" is.

Planned features:

* Steptimers for different methods (at least cfop and roux)
* a trainer something like this maybe
could you please make it so the cuber can choose his method? It may be easier to implement and it'll avoid errors, so if someone is solving LBL solve a f2l without intending, it'll just mark a corner insert and skip the edge later.

Last edited:

unicate

could you please make it so the cuber can choose his method? It may be easier to implement and it'll avoid errors, so if someone is solving LBL solve a f2l without intendind, it'll just mark a corner insert and skip the edge later.
Not sure if that's necessary. As soon as you solve a cross, I can exclude roux. Same to FB -> exclude cfop. No?

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not sure if that's necessary. As soon as you solve a cross, I can exclude roux. Same to FB -> exclude cfop. No?
but LBL uses cross too, but then you finish first layer instead of jumping to f2l. Also what about petrus or ZZ?
I used petrus on hakatashi app and it counted as roux. Would be really interesting to have statistics on that too

unicate

but LBL uses cross too, but then you finish first layer instead of jumping to f2l. Also what about petrus or ZZ?
I used petrus on hakatashi app and it counted as roux. Would be really interesting to have statistics on that too

Right, I see.

What do you think about tracking all of them and in the end you can choose which stats you wanna see? Or do you need the stats while solving?

Theoretically I can add as many methods as I want, as long as I know how they work. I thought about starting with CFOP and Roux, because they are the most popular ones.

As soon as I fixed the major problems, I will push the app to the play store, also to get feedback. This will happen before I start working on the stats.

The bluetooth enabling, changing color and choosing F,U are high prio atm. After that, play store.

Then I'll start taking care of it. Sounds good?