• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Getting my family to cube.

Should I persuade my family to cube??

• Yes, definitely.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No, leave them alone.

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

PCCuber

WCA
2022CEND01
Hi. Today I taught my dad to solve a 3*3, but he doesn't seem interested. I've been trying to get my family to cube, but they're against it and are now trying to get me to stop cubing with some bogus excuse that it's a waste of time. How can I get them to change their minds?

Koala Winters

Teaching people to cube will not change their perception of why you cube. Cubing is so much more than just solve cube fast, it hads a lot more to it then just being speedy and haveing good finger dexterity, and tbh it kinda is a waste of time, but so is sports and music, but those are just more socially acceptable ways of spending your time. 99.9% of people who played the piano probably stopped doing it and didn't do it professionally, but they definetly learned from it. They might have learned how to memorize things, or be consistent, or having something that they had to do every day, learning responsibility. idk man ur parents are kinda weird bout that but hope this helps