• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Get to Know Your Favorite Cuber] Chris Hardwick

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I assume you mean "born in the 80s" and not "cubing in the 80s".

Although an interview with Jeff Verasano would be pretty cool :)

well by "80s generation of cubers" people usually mean the generation that was figuring out methods and such in the 80s.

Wasnt the varasano vid enough of an interview? Im not against it at all, but we've pretty much seen it already.

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
well by "80s generation of cubers" people usually mean the generation that was figuring out methods and such in the 80s.

Chris is only a year older than me. So based on his story, he got into cubing in the late 90's. And all the method development he did starting in the early 2000's? Maybe he can correct me on that. It's so weird to think about how some of the major developments of speedcubing aren't even old enough to vote yet. Especially BLD stuff.

It's so great to get his perspective on how things like Big-BLD and BH was developed. Really awesome stuff. I have another question though: before BH, what methods did you use for 3BLD? OP or something else?

To Chris Olson, bummer about not getting a longer interview with Jeff. I'd love to hear more about how things were like when people were really starting to figure out the cube.