• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Gan's new product --- A scrambler perhaps?

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Aerma
This could be revolutionary. Imagine one of these that could scramble a cube in ~2 seconds, how much that could help WCA competitions. If they somehow figured out how to make them for higher-order cubes, that would make things even better. It doesn't look like too big of a machine from this video, so they might end up being *relatively* cheap as well.
If this is even a scrambler, that is.

WCA
2018LINW02
Thread starter #8
This COULD be revolutionary for competitions, as Aerma said, but only if they implement it correctly. For it to be used in competitions it has to be integrated with Tnoodle, be somewhat cheap, and be usable with any legal cube. I hope for the best but don't expect much
Another thing is that this mechanism requires the motors to jack out, put the cube in, and push in. This can waste time and make it useless.

Scrambling a 3x3 only takes me under 10 seconds.... really, I don't know why Gan would make such a thing. If they continue with these sorts of things, they will end up like Dayan and Fanxin, with very little support from the cubing community. What we need from Gan is new innovative ideas (not robots that solve cubes that will probably be waaaaay overpriced and unnaffordable to most cubers) like their GES system and GMS that is unique to Gan. Honestly, I think they should adopt Moyu's system used on the gts3m, and go from there.

Like Dayan had its days of glory where every cuber used them, Gan will only follow if they continue along this path.

Scrambling a 3x3 only takes me under 10 seconds.... really, I don't know why Gan would make such a thing. If they continue with these sorts of things, they will end up like Dayan and Fanxin, with very little support from the cubing community. What we need from Gan is new innovative ideas (not robots that solve cubes that will probably be waaaaay overpriced and unnaffordable to most cubers) like their GES system and GMS that is unique to Gan. Honestly, I think they should adopt Moyu's system used on the gts3m, and go from there.

Like Dayan had its days of glory where every cuber used them, Gan will only follow if they continue along this path.
I don't feel like it's for individual use, I thought I would be for comps to decrease waiting time...

WCA
2017JOHN23

They are revolutionizing and have revolutionized the cubing industry. I mean I will admit 2019 has seemed like a slow year for Gan (251and Megaminx) but we still have 4 months left. if this scrambler machine thing works it could be good for competition waiting time. But do we even KNOW IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO DO THIS.

WCA
2015MACK06
YouTube
MidwestCuber6
They are revolutionizing and have revolutionized the cubing industry. I mean I will admit 2019 has seemed like a slow year for Gan (251and Megaminx) but we still have 4 months left. if this scrambler machine thing works it could be good for competition waiting time. But do we even KNOW IF THEY ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO DO THIS.
The Gan megaminx is not a bad part of the year for Gan, its the best megaminx that has been released. Also, this is useless for competitions because it can't do U moves

A few
The Gan megaminx is not a bad part of the year for Gan, its the best megaminx that has been released. Also, this is useless for competitions because it can't do U moves
A few people have commented on the fact it can't do U moves. But if we change that in our scrambles, or leave it up to the machine to generate scrambles, there isn't a problem. Anyway, using this to reduce waiting time would be awesome, but again that would be in a while, years perhaps.

A few

A few people have commented on the fact it can't do U moves. But if we change that in our scrambles, or leave it up to the machine to generate scrambles, there isn't a problem. Anyway, using this to reduce waiting time would be awesome, but again that would be in a while, years perhaps.
I don't think it can do m moves either

Want to hide this ad and support the community?