• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

AKI85

Yeah create an Account is worked thx for the fast help. Can i ask when the Update for the App will be released?

comedyfish

is there any way of exporting free scramble solution time?

Also do they not save from day to day?

RDPearson

Hi all

Does anybody know if the GAN 356i cube will work with csTimer? I see it has a bluetooth section there.
If anybody has any knowledge on it, is it easy to set up? Does it work well? Anything I should know pro or con for it?

Considering getting a V2

Thanks in advance
Richard

Osric

Yes, the 356i does work with csTimer. It's a bit of a pain to figure out the correct settings, and csTimer doesn't give you feedback to tell you if you're getting the scramble correct.

To get the settings right you have to show the virtual cube, connect it, _and_ set the timer method to bluetooth. When you've successfully scrambled to the given scramble it will tell you it's ready. It will give you a breakdown of your solve times for the method you're using (I'm using Roux).

The cube also works with briefcubing.com and cubeast.com.

Osric

Does the cube light up inside when you twist the top face back and forth?

Have you paired it with any other device? Once paired, it refuses to pair to something else unless you disconnect from the first pairing (e.g. your laptop).

RDPearson

Thank you very much.

I tend to just randomly scramble anyway and don't use CS for that.
Will look at getting a V2 in the near future then. :)

Osric

No problem. If you randomly scramble, you need to press the spacebar to tell cstimer the cube is scrambled, and then do your solve. It will start timing on the first turn and stop timing at solved.

RDPearson

No problem. If you randomly scramble, you need to press the spacebar to tell cstimer the cube is scrambled, and then do your solve. It will start timing on the first turn and stop timing at solved.
Is there anyway that CS can break down the times into the different stages for CFOP when using this?

Osric

Yes you can try it out with the virtual cube. The setting is called 'multi-phase', and the options are CFOP, CF+OP, CFFFFOP, CFFFFOOP, CFFFFOOPP, and Roux. I only use Roux so I can't tell you what the others do but if you can stand solving with the keyboard you should be able to try them out and see (or wait until you have your 356i :).

(Also https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/gan-356i.76718/ was a post about a new 356i for sale - though its author has only one post, and it's from March).

RDPearson

I battle enough actually using the cube lol, never mind trying to work it out as a virtual cube. As long as I know it is supported even if it might take some fiddling I will wait until I have a cube.

Re the other user selling, I would rather buy new from a shop where I have warranty etc. Its rather expensive so dont want to have any possibilities of issues buying it privately. Thanks for the link though.

I appreciate all your replies :) Thank you.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Hey guys. Just received my gan 356i V2 I've charged for about 2 hours now like it says to do and I still can't connect it to cube station. Any help?
You will likely need to charge for a REALLLY long time like 4~5 hours+ the first time since that's the case for the original 356i.

jessecuster

Hi. I recently got a 356i and its not reading the colors correctly, right now I am white up, red front left,blue font right, the app is saying its orange left and green right. I have tried the app reset, I have tried using the photo reset, and I have tried the color wheel and nothing is correcting it. The cube is basically worthless.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Hi. I recently got a 356i and its not reading the colors correctly, right now I am white up, red front left,blue font right, the app is saying its orange left and green right. I have tried the app reset, I have tried using the photo reset, and I have tried the color wheel and nothing is correcting it. The cube is basically worthless.

I'm confused as to what you're detailing. Could you provide pictures?

HoshiYamazaki