• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

LakeWorthB

Is anyone else having trouble downloading the 'new version'? Can't log in as it says 'new version available'. Cancel takes you out of the app, download takes you nowhere..! Maybe just a glitch, I'll try again later.
BTW; Gan i3, Android.
Just update with play store.

Manxkiwi

Thanks, yeah did that. I can now open the app, but nothing I do can get it to recognise the cube! It's fully charged, light coming on when it wakes up, but the app just says 'no devices'. I've tried more than a dozen times now. Have restarted phone, logged out and back in etc.. nothing.....
If it is a problem with the app, hopefully it will be resolved soon?!
Everything was working wonderfully before this updated app and the cube is basically brand new.

Manxkiwi

Yes Bluetooth is on.. 'Athority prompt' at startup asks for access to Bluetooth, location and GPS service. All say open, or opened.
I press 'confirm' (having done moves to wake it up) and nothing appears in the device list! Quite frustrating as I mentioned before it was all working perfectly before the update.

OldSwiss

I always have to press the "search again" button a second or even third time but then it works.

If it doesn't work you can switch to https://www.cubeast.com/
In the standard version it doesn't have the alg trainer and there are no battles or leagues but I think the solving part and the statistics are much better than in cubestation

Manxkiwi

Got it!! Sorry folks, the middle option on the authorisation window was about allowing the app to use location data, or something along those lines. I didn't notice that I hadn't acknowledged that option since the update. All is good now and I am happy once more.
Thanks to all for trying to help me..
Hopefully I remember this if a similar thing happens with another update in the future.

Manxkiwi

I find that Cubestation won't load up anywhere but at home for me. Am I missing something?
With location on and a better wifi connection than I have at home, it simply won't work!
Any ideas anyone?

Fili

Guys, anyone has the APK to update i3 to 7.76? Gan's download link is broken :(...

I want to update to see if that fixes the Google Pixel disconnecting issue