• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Ahh. Thanks that helps and explains why the nut couldn’t be turned. So the center rod is this piece here? (See pic)
Is the rod something that can be turned using your fingers or did you use something like a needlenose plier?View attachment 10977
Yes, that it's, you can turn it using fingers, just get some light for example from phone flash to see where it is.
And be aware that if you turn the rod to the center (the stop sign) then the nut WILL SHOOT OUT A LONG DISTANCE if you don't hold onto it!!!

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am sorry the current design will pop up the spring in high speed.
I just tested the v1.3 , it adds some contents about AI teaching solving cube (but the ENG translation is not that good) to make it more beginner-friendly.
While we want to hit the mass market, welcome more users to join 356i, I do wonder if this weakens the professionalness of the App, especially in sub-20 cubers' eyes.

Plasmo

I just tested the v1.3 , it adds some contents about AI teaching solving cube (but the ENG translation is not that good) to make it more beginner-friendly.
While we want to hit the mass market, welcome more users to join 356i, I do wonder if this weakens the professionalness of the App, especially in sub-20 cubers' eyes.

i just tried the latest update with the AI teaching mode. I’m intermediate and already know how to solve the cube but the AI teaching is pretty cool intro that beginners might like. Some beginners might not make the yellow daisy, and go straight to white cross but it was cool to see how the AI would work with the scrambled state of your cube to teach.

On another note, is there any plans to change Personal Training Standard Timing scramble so you don’t have only 30 seconds to scramble? I often get DNF because I can’t do the scramble that quickly. ... or at least start the timer after the scramble is done so there is time for inspection. Otherwise the Standard timing mode will be difficult for beginner and intermediate cubers to use this function. Thanks.

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
i just tried the latest update with the AI teaching mode. I’m intermediate and already know how to solve the cube but the AI teaching is pretty cool intro that beginners might like. Some beginners might not make the yellow daisy, and go straight to white cross but it was cool to see how the AI would work with the scrambled state of your cube to teach.

On another note, is there any plans to change Personal Training Standard Timing scramble so you don’t have only 30 seconds to scramble? I often get DNF because I can’t do the scramble that quickly. ... or at least start the timer after the scramble is done so there is time for inspection. Otherwise the Standard timing mode will be difficult for beginner and intermediate cubers to use this function. Thanks.

Try free scambling instead. There's no time limit.
Or, you can open the arrow hint by Setting - General - Scramble setting.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
I am sub 15 and I personally don’t mind at all, but it takes some space on the screen.

So, if I have to suggest something, I think that the app can have some sort of switch(something like “professional mode”) that can hide all the beginner related stuff in pro mode, this way the app can satisfy both speedsolvers and beginners.

By the way, the v1.3 UI just looks remarkable! Well done!

nonoperez

I think making it beginners-friendly is a good idea, professional cubers wouldn't mind if there are some menus for noobs over 30'' like me. ;)

To be frank, there are cheaper options in smartcubes out there, but this is the best for speedcubing.

nonoperez

"So, if I have to suggest something, I think that the app can have some sort of switch(something like “professional mode”) that can hide all the beginner related stuff in pro mode, this way the app can satisfy both speedsolvers and beginners. "

Great idea!

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The DNF bug is pretty much gone now, so thumbs up for that! You will only get DNF now if you get into a buggy battle, like the last one I describe below.

Some stuff that needs to be fixed:

- Cube doesn't remember rotation when starting a new battle. This is a problem when you want to replay your solves, if you didn't manually rotate the cube before the solve, as you will only see the backside of the solve, which is not very useful. I would actually like to have the option to rotate the cube in the replay anyway, making it easier to check where the pieces are.

- Tps/moves in battle mode window is usually off by a lot. Feels like this should be an easy fix(?).

- Randomly get into a battle with someone, usually during another battle, but sometimes out of the battle too. I know this is an old bug but should be fixed, because this sometimes even prevents me to battle, it will give me battles in loop and the cube is unmovable. At this point I have to restart the app.

Sassbjørn

I have a problem connecting to my cube through the Cube Station app. I can connect on my pc and through BluetoothLE scanner app (BLE scanner) on my phone, but Cube Station can't find it. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have a fix?

Sassbjørn

I have a problem connecting to my cube through the Cube Station app. I can connect on my pc and through BluetoothLE scanner app (BLE scanner) on my phone, but Cube Station can't find it. Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have a fix?

I've been having this problem for almost 2 days, and just as I posted this, it begins working again. I'm sorry for bothering y'all.

AndyH

I've tried the 1v1 battle about 70 times now. It's fun. A few times the app seemed to freeze on me and I lost, but most of the time it works fine. I have 2 questions, how do you know if you are racing a person or a BOT? (Some one said he gets BOTs a lot) The second question, how can I finish with a 36 second solve and my opponent finishes about 2 seconds later with a 50 second solve? (Are they actually starting 15 seconds before me?)

Last edited:

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I forgot to mention 1 more thing: I've been unable to set favorite solves since last 3 updates. I get error message in chinese and it doesn't favorite the solve no matter how many times I press the heart icon.

Last edited:

Plasmo

I forgot to mention 1 more thing: I've been unable to set favorite solves since last 3 updates. I get error message in chinese and it doesn't favorite the solve no matter how many times I press the heart icon.
My favorites works still.. after pushing the heart it goes into my collections area

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My favorites works still.. after pushing the heart it goes into my collections area
I only tried it right after the latest update and it didn't work back then, but for whatever reason it worked now when I tested. Thanks!

edit. so it actually doesn't work if I try to favorite via stats or from any list, getting that chinese error message.

Last edited:

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am glad that more people discuss with GAN smart cube now.

An option to opt out beginner content in main menu - no plan right now.
Cube doesn't remember rotation when starting a new battle - 2 situations involved: preset the correct position so replay can view from a better angle; or rotation is avaiable in replay. Will report this to tech team.
Save as favourite failed - Is this bug fixed? I cannot save since August. Will confirm with tech team.
Severe interrupted when someone send battle invitation during a battle - will report to tech team.
Other connections problems - can't make a summary to tech team but seems gradually gets better after each update.

Future event: "GIVE ME FIVE" - to celebrate 5th anniversary of GANCUBE. Chance to get a (ROBOT+356i) combo in limited edition.
More details please wait for update.