• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Gan 356i Carry tensioning issues

oliverpallo

I got the gan i carry a few days ago and the cube felt a little bit tight out of the box so i decided to change the nuts from transparent to green.
I was swapping the nuts and they all worked fine until i reached the white side where i couldn't get the transparent nut off. There is like a push and twist mechanism to it. Idk why there is an issue like this.
If anyone has any advice please let me know.

zinzan8

It’s a push and twist to a certain position. Are you not able to push it in at all? Or not able to twist it? Or is it just not coming off once you push and twist it to the correvt position?

oliverpallo

It’s a push and twist to a certain position. Are you not able to push it in at all? Or not able to twist it? Or is it just not coming off once you push and twist it to the correvt position?
I know how the mechanism works and it works on all other sides. I can push the nut in very little with a lot of force. I cant twist the center thing to release it. no i cant get it to the release position.

Any photo of the side which gave the problem to you will be helpful.
it looks identical to the other sides although the white and yellow center twisty things are yellow but others are transparent (yellow side works fine)IMG_4214.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

zinzan8

Does it seem that you can’t push the nut in far enough for the core foot to clear the top of the nut?

69b92032a541228d2fd0c5937da6f57f.jpg

Have you tried removing all the other cubies so you’re left just with this one center cube and seeing underneath why it’s not pushing down all the way?

oliverpallo

Does it seem that you can’t push the nut in far enough for the core foot to clear the top of the nut?

69b92032a541228d2fd0c5937da6f57f.jpg

Have you tried removing all the other cubies so you’re left just with this one center cube and seeing underneath why it’s not pushing down all the way?
I disassembled the cube and now the nut popped open when i tried. thank you for the help!