• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] GAN 356 X Feeling So Loose

I have recently received a GAN 356 X. When I got to customizing, I put on the Purple Springs and put the Center Piece Travel to 0.6 on all of them. This should be the tightest setting. When I stretch the cube, it is tight. When I start solve however, it feels so loose. Even when I do the sexy move (R U R' U') it wants to do 135 degree turns. I am new to cubing, but I think i'm doing everything correctly. I put 4 drops of Martian Lube (SpeedCubeShop Cosmic lube) as soon as I got it. I don't know if maybe I need to buy some more gummy lube.

AegisSharp

Purple springs are looser than the default green ones. You may want to try the yellow springs if the green is too loose.

Edit: weaker, not looser

emps

I think the GES nuts get weaker as you go up the rainbow, so purple would be the loosest/weakest.