• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Gan 356 X cleaning issue

Marsio95

Hello Everyone. My name is Marcello. I've been using the beautiful Gan X for one months. without any problems. Than i decided to use a lube suggested by a guy from the shop where i bought the cube, and now is a kind of stacked. I cannot actually feel the same smooth feeling that i felt using it for the first time, and also since it is staked i have to apply a strong pressure to solve it faster, risking to break it. Do you have any suggestion to clean it properly and lube it properly? It will be nice if someone could suggest me some specific product to use. Thanking you guys in advance.

Marcello

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Hello Everyone. My name is Marcello. I've been using the beautiful Gan X for one months. without any problems. Than i decided to use a lube suggested by a guy from the shop where i bought the cube, and now is a kind of stacked. I cannot actually feel the same smooth feeling that i felt using it for the first time, and also since it is staked i have to apply a strong pressure to solve it faster, risking to break it. Do you have any suggestion to clean it properly and lube it properly? It will be nice if someone could suggest me some specific product to use. Thanking you guys in advance.

Marcello

Here's a tutorial for setting up a Gan 356 X specifically:

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel

Marcello
Just do a lot of solves. That will eventually get rid of the lube you used. I would personally just do minimal lubing with Traxxas 50k in the future and maybe a lighter lube as well such as Lubicle silk.

GAN 356 X

nop

Here is exactly how I do mine. I've had it for almost a year, and it's always smooth.
Used to clean it once a week, now I have it down to an art and do it once a month or so since the effect lasts much longer.

(used water once...never again omg took forever to dry)

(Personal Note: put in some cartoons or something. This takes half an hour or more if you aren't used to it...)

See the last part for what lube I've found to work well.

1. completely take apart. nuts off, all that. keep it organised.

2. Get a facecloth, nothing dusty like paper towels, which makes it all horrible.

3. Wipe each piece down thoroughly. Don't forget the core! maybe the nuts if you went overboard on lube...
I pinch around the stalks and rub carefully, and also get inside the grooves of both the cubie and the stalks.
(inspect each piece carefully after wiping before setting aside. you'll see when it's dirty there's gunk easily, or lint)

4. Put some of your lube choice on a plate, desk, whatever smooth surface you have.
poke a toothpick into it, and use it to lube each of the core axles with a very small amount.
(i always skip one axle since I hold it by that, then lube later)

5. put the little black parts on one at a time, and move them up and down and rotate, to spread the lube. if it feels like they stick, or is slow, there's too much lube. wipe it down and do that axle again.

6. install the nuts somewhat loosely. I leave the unlubed axle alone, cause it's easier to reassemble with that part facing up, and nutless.

7. reassemble the cube, don't worry about lubing the cubies. that just makes it messy during this part. the magnets snap everything together fine.

8. once it's together (use the toothpick to add lube to the top axle and put it back together)
you can put a VERY small amount of lube inside.
I usually add a bit on one corner, then some on the opposite corner.

9. tighten it up.

10. do some sexy moves to distribute lube and enjoy how it feels.

11. add more lube to taste. more = slower of course. I put a LOT less on nowadays.

note: I use um what is this stuff called.... Team Losi Racing Trans Lube (it was cheaper than Traxxis, works great)

I mix even amounts of 30K and 50K for the axle (core) drops.
Then i use one, maybe two, drops of GAN "Magic Lube" on the cubie surfaces
(Step 8.)