• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GAN 12 Catching Issues

Have you had catching issues with your GAN 12?

• Yes and it affects my solves

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes but it does not affect my solves

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I do not own a GAN 12 but have considered getting either it or the 11m pro (I got to try a friend's gan 11 for a few seconds and it did feel pretty light and snappy and satisfying).

The most notable person to bring the issue up is J Perm who went as far as to create a mashup cube, which is something people did in 2010 and should not be doing in 2021 with $78 cubes.

Z3Cubing also tried to fix this in his video that just came out

More discussion https://www.reddit.com/r/Cubers/comments/qxrskb
For people who own the gan 12, have you had any of these issues?

OreKehStrah

I’ve definitely noticed catching, but as far as I can tell it only happens for me when I really push my TPS and don’t have as accurate turning as I normally would so layers get very small misalignments causing the catching. Normally though it does not really affect my solves!

Reactions: qwr