• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

G Permutation Recognition

dPod121

WCA
2011PODO01
YouTube
dPod121
This is a little diagram I made for people who have trouble recognizing which G permutation to use:

Permutation pictures are from the speedsolving wiki

Last edited:

chris410

I made something similar except I only used the block and the edge movement, I removed the corners since you can recognize the G perms with the block/edge pairs.

Nice diagram though!

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
fatboyxpc
I suggest renaming your PLLs to match the wiki, to avoid confusion. A lot of people still refer to G perms as to where the block is, if headlights is on L.

Ga = F block
Gb = RB block (block on R, pointing to B)
Gc = B block
Gd = RF Block (block on R, pointing to F)

Yours are in this order: Ga, Gd, Gb, Gc.

Of course you can label them whatever you want, but my suggestion is to prevent confusion later since the Wiki has them labeled as such.

dPod121

WCA
2011PODO01
YouTube
dPod121
I suggest renaming your PLLs to match the wiki, to avoid confusion. A lot of people still refer to G perms as to where the block is, if headlights is on L.

Ga = F block
Gb = RB block (block on R, pointing to B)
Gc = B block
Gd = RF Block (block on R, pointing to F)

Yours are in this order: Ga, Gd, Gb, Gc.

Of course you can label them whatever you want, but my suggestion is to prevent confusion later since the Wiki has them labeled as such.
The reason I did it in the Ga, Gd, Gb, Gc order was because if you look a the 2x1x1 block, it will cycle around from the FR to the BR. In the Ga, Gb, Gc, Gd order, as you said the 2x1x1 block goes from F to RB to B to RF with doesn't make as much sense as just having the block cycle around counter-clockwise.

I'll just rename the positions instead of a, b, c, and d to "position 1", "position 2", ect. to avoid confusion

MCRcuber

This is a little diagram I made for people who have trouble recognizing which G permutation to use:

Permutation pictures are from the speedsolving wiki
dPod I LOVE you now for making that diagram. Thanks man.

Mitch

Want to hide this ad and support the community?