• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

FTO thread

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel

rubik2005

So over the span of a couple of days, I tried solving the FTO without any tutorials or reference, and I have made it to the last layer specifically PLL (if that's a step). Basically three center (1-color pieces) need to rotate counter-clockwise, and three edges (2-color pieces) need to rotate clockwise, so I wanted to know if there's an alg that can solve this case:

Attachments

• 20210328_150610.jpg
    20210328_150610.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210328_150543.jpg
    20210328_150543.jpg
    717.2 KB · Views: 10
WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
So over the span of a couple of days, I tried solving the FTO without any tutorials or reference, and I have made it to the last layer specifically PLL (if that's a step). Basically three center (1-color pieces) need to rotate counter-clockwise, and three edges (2-color pieces) need to rotate clockwise, so I wanted to know if there's an alg that can solve this case:
there aren't any current speedsolving methods that finish with this kind of 'pll', so we don't really have good algs for it, but you can solve it with commutators, and an edge alg.
edge alg: hold the corner in front btw,
F U F' U F U F' U (cycles U layer edges cw)
as for the rest you can use center comms like, again corner in front and U on top.
R' Rw B L' B' Lw L' B L B'

ive got an fto and i can get one side but thats about it. if anyone knows any beginner friendly fto tutorials thatd be very helpful