• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Friedrich Method

CubeAddict

So far to my understanding the top speed cubers in the world use this method. I went on Dans cube station and just memorizing the OLL and PLL you can solve the last layer extremely fast. But it also showed algs for the F2L. Would you get faster time by memorizing the F2L and also is the friedrich method basically memorizing.
thanks for your time.

doubleyou

if you "search"/go just one or two topics down the forum you'll find topics dicussing exactly what you are asking for.

anyway, as you ask so kindly I'll give you a short describtion

the "algs" you find on dans cubestation for F2L is the shortes solution to solving two pieces (one corner pice and a matching edge piece) of the first two layers (short for F2L) at the same time.

I would recommend that you learn the F2L on your own and the as you get tired of having to do endless long algs to solve, go check out ex. Dans for the best solution.

you only need to know ALL the LL algs if you wanna run full fridrich, but you can get 4 or 3 Look by adding few algs to your collection.

good luck!

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd say you should spend the longest time understanding/learning the F2L, because that is what distinguish a sub 20 and sub 15. You can learn the PLLs bit by bit as you learn the F2L, so in the end you'll be fast.

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
By the way its Fridrich(named after Jessica Frdrich).

In a solve, approx 2/3 is the F2L. The other 1/3 is just recognition+speed of algs.

As harris chan said(who in my books is one of the master of F2L), work on the F2L. Go slowly so you can look ahead, so there won't be any pauses.

rason110290

I dont know if this works or not, but i have a lazy way of doing my f2l. Although I lose some time using Both L and R turns, Depending on a few cases.

What im doing is, putting a coner that i need into a coner spot of the bottom layer. After that, its pretty easy to recognize what i need to do. i know about 1/4 of the f2l algorthims becuase i set up the bottom corner cases, and mirror them if i need to.