• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

French Open 2009

Kenny

WCA
2008SCHM01
Personne, hein? Anyway, I think it's not anytime soon. Hopefully. (I mean, the deadline/closing date for registration. w/e)

clement

WCA
2004GALL02
You have plenty of time to register, don't worry.
Let say you have to register at least two weeks before the competition

clement

WCA
2004GALL02
We are trying to find another hotel to advise, because the one of the competition is pretty expensive. Our communication with disneyland is quite slow... it's good that we started early ! We will make updates on the website when we will have something new.

For the food, there are restaurants in the disney village, a McDo and the disney fastfood.

clement

WCA
2004GALL02
Hi everyone

In our search for a better competition, we found another possibility for the venue : the Elysée Hotel (http://www.hotelelysee.com) which offers rooms at lower prices. Moreover this hotel is close to the Disneyland park (5 minutes by RER or free shuttle) which fit our original idea of a competition in this location.

Nevertheless, it becomes necessary to tell now the approximate number of rooms that will be booked by competitors.

So if you are counting on coming in this competition, could you please indicate us if you want to book a room in this hotel, for how many people and for which days. Our email address is : [email protected]

There are rooms for 4 persons : 2 small beds and one large bed, breakfast included, for 135 euros per night (~ 34 euros per person)

The website will be updated when this new arrangement will be confirmed.

Thanks,
Jean-Louis Mathieu
Clément Gallet

rubik_fr

French open update

Bonjour !
Here is the last update for the FRENCH OPEN 2009 on MARCH 14/15.
This year, the competition will stand inside the Elysée Hotel close to the Disneyland park near Paris.
Moreover, we have eventually managed to set up the 1st FRENCH CUBE DAY on sunday march 15 , with a market of puzzles for all collectors.
Two extra events with custom building and cube mosaic competitions will be held during the week-end.
All details can be found here : http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/clement.gallet/frenchopen/index.php
Contact me for any other information you may need.
I hope to welcome you in France so to share our passion.
A bientôt !
JLM