• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

first sub-30 wuu ^^

doubleyou

yesterday I had my first sub 30 solve on the 3x3x3.
I have had my strugggle with it, and just pushed myself until I did it.
first I had normal solves like early 40s and mid 30s. but then suddently I hit 30 right on. then some 40s again (also unlucky 50s bah!) but then!.. 29.31!!

and just the solve after.. 26.40!non-lucky

it was such an incredible experience! first time I felt like flying thru a solve. nothing was especially easy nor hard. just regular situations!

yay! :)

-Sigurd

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats man. First time I hit sub 30 was when I was averaging 33 seconds. Keep it up. Sub 20 is where its at!

What method do you use by the way? Pure Fridrich? I'm using Keyhole F2L with intutive pairing and 3-look LL half of the time(I do my F2Lin conjunction with some ZBF2L algs so I can get a 2-look LL the other half of the time).

doubleyou

thanks guys!

I use pure fridrich. but I miss out alot of olls I think 20 (including fatal ones like #1 and #2) so I guess I could learn some ZBF2L stuff too, or get those down.

my cross have recently gotten down from like 8 to 4-6 seconds so I am happy with that. my F2L varies alot (weird) and depends on how good my cross was.

my PLL is good and the only ones I hate are the Ns. I gotto find new algs for those..

those I use for now are Cubewhiz algs (not that his algs are slow but these Ns are) I just got them cuz they were easy to learn and I wanted to know all PLLs.