• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] First 4BLD: 24:13.73 (execution only)

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
448.jpg

PS GJ

Goosly

WCA
2010VERE01
possibly an overreaction

How did you know it was solved without seeing the back? :p On my last official attempt I had 2 swapped centers that I couldn't see from the front. Well, only noobs like me make those kind of mistakes ofcourse.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
How did you know it was solved without seeing the back? :p On my last official attempt I had 2 swapped centers that I couldn't see from the front. Well, only noobs like me make those kind of mistakes ofcourse.
I didn't. I thought about that two seconds later, which is why I went back and checked the other sides. Fortunately they were solved too.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice! You sound exhausted haha.
Thanks! And yeah, I do a bit...
GJ success on first try. Which tutorial did you use?
I didn't use a tutorial for most of it. I invented my centres method (used wide T perm to swap pieces with Ubr being my buffer), used r2 edges which I knew was very similar to M2 (I looked at kinch's tutorial for the l/r slice pieces, but once I saw l-slice pieces were setup to BU -> flip -> M2 -> flip -> undo setup, I started used my own flipping alg. r slice pieces were the same as M2, which was nice), and corners were done with OP.
I did have some help from a couple of people though. Thanks to those people (kinch again, Cale, tseitsei).

I didn't find learning 4BLD very hard at all. If you can do 3 cubes multi, it's less than the step up from 3x3 to 4x4. The only hard things were knowing whether or not you've memorised all the wings, and knowing which wings you hadn't memorised. That last one is definitely a challenge. I'd finished memo in around 13 minutes, but spent an extra 4 minutes going through and seeing whether or not I'd missed any pieces, since I'd only counted 22 letters in my memo. There was one edge I already knew was solved, but I found another solved edge too, which explained the missing letters.

Last edited: