• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fingertrick - Hedgeslammer (Inverted Sledgehammer)

Kalius

Hey guys,

I use the Hedgeslammer in many algs (F R' F' R), but I don't manage to do it fast without performing an "x" rotation. From that perspective it would be (U R' U' R), but I can't manage to keep looking ahead, as the rotation itself is blinding me. Even without rotation, I have to change the position of all my thumbs (that hold the cube) and therefore I lose time.

This is what I'm trying to use to perform it now:

* F -> index right finger
* R' -> right hand to rotate it (all fingers except for the little one)
* F' -> Right thumb
* R -> right hard to rotate it again (the same as the second case)

However, this is really difficult at this point as I get lock-ups :(. Do you have any suggestions to perform Hedgeslammer?

Thank you!

xyzzy

I use the Hedgeslammer in many algs (F R' F' R)
Is "don't use hedges so much" an acceptable answer?

What I do for hedges (which mostly only show up in the OLLCP alg F R' F' R U R U' R' for me) is to use my right thumb for the F and F' moves, so it's executed with only my right hand doing the moves and my left hand providing grip.

Kalius

Is "don't use hedges so much" an acceptable answer?

Totally acceptable :)

I wanted to know some opinions before learning new algs (I already knew a few F2L ones with Hedges) but apparently some cubers go for this option. Thanks!

Thom S.

Try it like this a few times

F
Push UFR down with thumb
R'
Normal R' turn with wrist, thumb, middle- and ringfinger
F'
Push with Pointer finger
R
Like you do a R

Kalius

F
Push UFR down with thumb

1. My apologies for not fully understanding, as I'm a bit new in this. Do you do it using your thumb from the upper part of the cube and pressing down? or from the down part pressing to the left?

F'
Push with Pointer finger

2. I imagine "right pointer finger", correct?

joshsailscga

WCA
2014MORR01
I might have a slightly weirder exec, but I basically do the whole thing with the right pointer finger.
Starting with a normal RU grip (thumb on DR edge, pointer on UFR), I push down with the pointer for the F move, then do a slight regrip of moving my thumb to the FR edge. Wrist turn the R', which brings the pointer finger to the new FR edge. From there, use the pointer to push the F', then wrist turn the R. Slightly cumbersome, but it works for me and is much much better than doing a rotation in the middle of an alg.

Thom S.

1. My apologies for not fully understanding, as I'm a bit new in this. Do you do it using your thumb from the upper part of the cube and pressing down? or from the down part pressing to the left?

UFR = Up, Front Right corner. Thhe only way to do a F with this corner is from top to bottom.

2. I imagine "right pointer finger", correct?

Personal preference. It's better to be able to do both as Algorithms have different premoves. That could eliminate a regrip

Duncan Bannon

You can always do

F

Regrip

The rest

Or hold UFR corner with right index on top and right thumb on the front. Then do the rest. Make sense?